Marketing (bit off topic, but found no better place...)

In my eyes the new combined manipulation tool is plenty so I think we shouldn’t say plain out that this release isn’t as feature rich as the previous. At least not as obvious. I mean it’s much more than just bug fixes.

Also, shouldn’t the NEWS file be available somewhere else than just in the source code? Perhaps it is, should be mentioned here then.

good point to me… I therefore added links to GIT, and added the “teaser” of Synfig to the intro… always helps to interest newcomers.
synfig.git.sourceforge.net/git/g … WS;hb=HEAD
synfig.git.sourceforge.net/git/g … WS;hb=HEAD

The intro now reads:

I rewrote conclusion to sound more friendly. feel free to revert if you don’t like it!

B.

And I added links to the wiki in the final part… rewriting things to highlight the work done on documentation:

FR translation of release news is in the CMS too.

Latest modifications from berteh looks good to me. Thanks berteh!
-G

Looks good!

Please also look into the call-to-action post for “spreading the word…” .
Thx.

Hey guys! I can translate the finished version to Portuguese!

let me know! : )

Please send me and email with your personal details and I’ll open a redactor account to the site.
-G

Hey guys!

Sorry for my absence… I was travelling.

Genete, I didn’t found your e-mail on your forum profile. What kind of details do I need to send you? And how can I translate the text? directly on the site, or should I translate it first and e-mail you?

Thanks!

send it to me to genetita at gmail dot com. Full real name and your preferred username. I’ll create the account, give you a password and a profile. Then you can change the password later. Please use the email that you want to be the email for notifications from the website or provide another different email when you send me your details.
Website is Joomla engined so the translation must be done online.
Good luck!
-G

Hi all,

I came back!

(1)If there are no problems I’ll continue the Italian translations (manual, tutorials, …) but the things that I would like notice isa “psicological” issue (2) for the Synfig’s site.

Normally ( normal european people :slight_smile: ) write anithing from left to right, and this is the normal way to show a positive trend, an optimistic flow and so on…
So the character present in the home of Synfig is facing back toward the left and this is not psycologically good (Note : Is good for all arab peoples!).

If the intention of the orientation of the character is to see back in the past or remind melancholy things this correct, but if not, as I think, better is flip the character to right.

This is from a course of the company where I work.

Un caso noto è quello di un crollo delle vendite dell’aspirina nei paesi arabi.
The spot was :

:frowning: - [you grab a medecine] - :slight_smile: — Correct for us but wrong for arabs :exclamation:
:slight_smile: - [you grab a medecine] - :frowning: — Correct for arabs but wrong for us :exclamation:

Well let me know about 1 and 2

Thanx!