Lottie Export Failing - Help Please

Spent the last two weeks painstakingly navigating Synfig’s learning curve to animate a lottie file for my website; it is a very simple sequence, just to provide a short-and-sweet mouseover animation when my website user hovers over the icon. Finally finished today, hit the export button, and I get a window full of command line type entries, beginning with the line “Traceback (most recent call last)”.

Instead of exporting the lottie (JSON) file as expected, I get a synfig file that ends with “.sifz.B3438B32F.” Opening it just opens synfig project again. No JSON anywhere.

I have been reading into it, and the best I can understand is that synfig is unable to convert Advanced Outlines to the lottie format. I am certain my project does not have any Advanced Outlines though, as Youtube informed me to avoid using them from the start. My project is just basic regions and outlines.

Is there a way to find out what type of ‘thing’ each individual layer is made of? I lack the tech knowledge to be able to investigate what the issue is using the command console, layman user here, never worked with SVGs, animation or anything beyond drawing pictures in MS Paint.

Any help would be appreciated, I had high hopes for being able to do what I need to do with synfig, rather disheartened today.

Thanks,

-Chris

Hi @Chris!

Can you share you file? I can take a look.

Also which version of Synfig/OS you are using?

Hello, i’m having the exact same problem, just made a very simple animation for a mobile app im working and my sifz file only contain 3 simple animated lines in a group also animated.
For some reason my Synfig only renders a “*.sifz.EED66731.sif” and an empty log file.
He also shows an error msg: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

my file in .sifz: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t4Of4nzkDaVSvy2sWDV0e5z4C37MhxoW/view?usp=sharing

thanks in advance! :smiley:

@AnishG @ankit do you have any idea?
@saurabh22

“Fun” fact: I can load lottie-exporter plugin in 1.4.2/1.4.3 but not in 1.5.1…

Error from the export plugin on this .sifz file:

synfig(3168557) [13:30:48] info: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/tmp/.mount_3NICKj/usr/share/synfig/plugins/lottie-exporter/lottie-exporter.py", line 166, in <module>
    new_file_name = parse(FILE_NAME)
  File "/tmp/.mount_3NICKj/usr/share/synfig/plugins/lottie-exporter/lottie-exporter.py", line 68, in parse
    gen_layers(settings.lottie_format["layers"], canvas, canvas.get_num_layers() - 1)
  File "/tmp/.mount_3NICKj/usr/share/synfig/plugins/lottie-exporter/layers/driver.py", line 162, in gen_layers
    gen_layer_group(lottie[-1],
  File "/tmp/.mount_3NICKj/usr/share/synfig/plugins/lottie-exporter/layers/group.py", line 93, in gen_layer_group
    asset = add_precomp_asset(settings.lottie_format["assets"][-1], canvas, canvas.get_num_layers())
  File "/tmp/.mount_3NICKj/usr/share/synfig/plugins/lottie-exporter/sources/precomp.py", line 28, in add_precomp_asset
    layers.driver.gen_layers(lottie["layers"], canvas, layer_itr-1)
  File "/tmp/.mount_3NICKj/usr/share/synfig/plugins/lottie-exporter/layers/driver.py", line 140, in gen_layers
    gen_layer_shape_solid(lottie[-1],
  File "/tmp/.mount_3NICKj/usr/share/synfig/plugins/lottie-exporter/layers/shape_solid.py", line 102, in gen_layer_shape_solid
    gen_mask(lottie["masksProperties"][0], invert, bline_point, index.inc())
  File "/tmp/.mount_3NICKj/usr/share/synfig/plugins/lottie-exporter/helpers/mask.py", line 36, in gen_mask
    gen_properties_shapeKeyframed(lottie["pt"], bline_point, index.inc())
  File "/tmp/.mount_3NICKj/usr/share/synfig/plugins/lottie-exporter/properties/shapeKeyframed.py", line 49, in gen_properties_shapeKeyframed
    gen_bline_outline(lottie["k"], node)
  File "/tmp/.mount_3NICKj/usr/share/synfig/plugins/lottie-exporter/properties/shapePropKeyframe/outline.py", line 42, in gen_bline_outline
    pos = entry["point"]
KeyError: 'point'

Other points, maybe irrelevant in this case, but that occur in Ubuntu 20.04

There is still the error with libcanberra:
Gtk-Message: 14:11:16.910: Failed to load module “canberra-gtk-module”
Gtk-Message: 14:11:16.912: Failed to load module “canberra-gtk-module”

which can be solved by adding GTK_PATH= in front:
GTK_PATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gtk-3.0 ./SynfigStudio-1.5.1-testing-2022.08.01-linux64-4f42a.appimage

I also have some test plugins with pyGtk UI which can’t display images from resources (on 20.04) but were working in 18.04, giving GDK-PIXBUFF errors.
I add to create a symlink from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 to /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0

Hi,
It’s been a while since I interacted with Synfig codebase. But, by looking at the error, it seems like the lottie exporter is not able to parse one of the outline layers.

I am not sure if this is an edge case or something changed in the .sif format from the time when exporter was coded.

Hi all,

Im here with the same/similar issue.
I have imported 3 png files and am moving them left to right on the screen. In this circumstance i can export to Lottie.
However when i change the opacity or interpolation (to have different images interact) i get an error message when trying to export to lottie and no lottie is created.
I am new here so was wondering if this was normal to not be able to export to lottie when changing opacity / interpolation.

Edit: my version is SynfigStudio-1.4.2-2021.07.29-win64-dc54d

Kind regards,
Dale

Hi @Dale
Never tested PNG, but opacity is working if is a vector shape (in synfig: “regions”), imported SVG from inkscape, just every node in the shape must have assimetrical curved points to hold the form. Unfortunatelly, i have got errors trying to export lines to lottie, so no lines allowed, for now…

You can check the supported layers and limitations of the plugin here:

https://synfig-docs-dev.readthedocs.io/en/latest/projects/lottie/supported.html
https://synfig-docs-dev.readthedocs.io/en/latest/projects/lottie/layers.html