Linux binaries for 0.64.0 (candidate #3)

That is what pixelgeek above is doing.

I felt no difference with the activated Cairo, at times seems to be a little slower.
My computer is an i7 with 8G memory and Geforce GTX460 and Ubuntu Gnome Remix 12:04.

Do we have to upgrade or install any additional Cairo?

There is only difference with the no raster layers (pure primitives). Except linear, radial and conic gradients, all the other raster effects (blur, feather, shadow, bevel, distort layers, noises, warp, etc) are equal or slower than software. Try to compare only with primitives and tell me.

-G

…and there is also speedup for one more type of raster layers I think - imported images. At least for me it’s about 6 time faster when I work with cutout animation constructed of imported image files. :slight_smile:

(only png images :mrgreen: )
-G

Tested with only primitive and simple arrays, but there is no difference. When you move an object or a node gives a little backwardness, even with Cairo activated or not. I always had this little backwardness in Synfig, I think that is part of the rendering.

OK, we’re not out of the woods yet, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I got Synfig core to compile.

Zelgadis, thanks for the input. I already had that line, and it wasn’t working. But your suggestion was enough to motivate me to take another look at everything (basically re-install boost in a new dir and start over).

Chris

Good to hear that …
i send you some mediterranean sunny ray as encouragement…

see(:ya!

What do you mean by “simple arrays”?

Thanks d.j.a.y. , but with all this beautiful weather you sent, I won’t want to stay inside and hammer on the build… :frowning:

it’s raining this afternoon, cause of the snow melt ? :wink: anyway,
sometime annoying bug are easier to catch nowhere from the sparkle screen !

checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes checking dynamic linker characteristics... Win32 ld.exe Patching libtool... patched ../configure: line 19481: syntax error near unexpected token `0.35.0' ../configure: line 19481: `IT_PROG_INTLTOOL(0.35.0)' Making Synfig-Studio... Making make: *** No rule to make target `package'. Stop. Mon May 6 20:12:16 PDT 2013 Done.

Now finding issues in studio. What version of intltool do I need?

Chris

checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes checking dynamic linker characteristics... Win32 ld.exe Patching libtool... patched ../configure: line 19481: syntax error near unexpected token `0.35.0' ../configure: line 19481: `IT_PROG_INTLTOOL(0.35.0)' Making Synfig-Studio... Making make: *** No rule to make target `package'. Stop. Mon May 6 20:12:16 PDT 2013 Done.

Now finding issues in studio. What version of intltool do I need?

Chris

Hi, pixelgeek!

Please don’t forget to run bootstrap.sh file in the synfig-studio dir before running ./configure

Any version of intltool >= 0.35 should fit. :slight_smile:

I have posted a quick update for the build instructions: wiki.synfig.org/wiki/index.php?t … ldid=17335

Also, please include python3 into installation. In win32 case synfig will be looking for python binary in INSTALL_PREFIX/python/python.exe or INSTALL_PREFIX/python/python3.exe
(see this commit for details: github.com/synfig/synfig/commit … 141b1f5d9c )

I think it’s best to use precompiled portable build of python in this case: portablepython.com/wiki/Download
Cheers!

meh - for some reason, although I’ve compiled and installed version 0.50.2 of intltools, it doesn’t seem to be recognized.
I’ll try again on Thursday.

What is the step it fails on? ./bootstrap.sh?

no, that step works. It’s the configure that fails.

Looks like intltool is not found…

Googling suggest me this: forum.compiz.org/viewtopic.php?p … d6d#p35871

Check the path where intlotool got installed.

Also, try to play with ACLOCAL_FLAGS variable - sites.google.com/site/chrelad/n … localflags

I moved the intltool.m4 file over and now I get cnorman@VXP ~/synfig $ ./configure_studio.sh Configuring /usr/share/aclocal/autoopts.m4:22: warning: underquoted definition of AG_PATH_AUTOOPTS run info '(automake)Extending aclocal' or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending%20aclocal Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `config'. /usr/share/aclocal/autoopts.m4:22: warning: underquoted definition of AG_PATH_AUTOOPTS run info '(automake)Extending aclocal' or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending%20aclocal configure:468: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_DEFAULT_VERBOSITY If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow. See the Autoconf documentation. autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

One step closer (?)