Dear Synfig studio friends,
the developer team is very busy all the time and they do add more and more functions to our beloved tool.
The documentation of many of these functions is way behind…
I just did a little research in the last day or so…
… and created a status overview of just the documentation of layers.
We are having exactly 49 different layer types in Synfig.
I classified them along the following ideas:
- C1 - basic and/or needed immediatedly by Synfig newbies
- C2 - needed for just a little bit over the basics
- C3 - more that is needed and/or very helpful for most users / animation situations
- C4-C5 might be needed for specific situations.
- C6 and higher I don’t understand or do not expect to be needed.
I found 29 classified as C1-C3
- 14 not even have a basic description
- 24 are missing important pieces of information (description and/or samples)
All together there are 57 pieces of information missing in the layer descriptions just for the ones classified C1-C3.
Have a look at this Summary in my Google Drive
We need your help to complete the documentation in this area as soon as possible!
Can you help, please?
- Descriptions first
- then usage samples
- then technical samples (like ones showing effects of parameter settings)
Do you agree with the classification?
Who was doing the sample files and youtube clips that are linked to the layers overview?
Those cannot be accessed (message: those are private) and the files cannot be found either.
Who can help with this?
(Edit: numbers corrected for 2 layer types, 49 types over all, file updated as well)
(Edit2: subject changed for clarity of message)