Hello! My (slightly delayed) weekly report is here.
We keep moving towards bringing you the powerful bones feature. Last week Ivan have implemented following changes:
- Now it is possible to easily link individual shape vertices to the bone.
- Transformation widget have been completely reworked. We hope you like it.
- Fix loading of old files. This also resolves issue with bad icons. Some problems still remain, though.
See demonstration in this video: http://youtu.be/WJrhHuXROY0
We also have additions from other contributors:
- LittleFox94 implemented a png-spritesheet rendering target. It put all frames in a single png file, the frames are drawn vertically below each other. See related feature request.
- Yu Chen made a fix for toolbar buttons - now they are displayed small (without huge text captions) for all platforms. Also, he added an AppData file for Synfig package to make it will comply with the upcoming specifications of Linux cross-distro software centers.
All changes mentioned above are available in the latest development snapshots, you can get them here - synfig.org/cms/en/download/development
As usual, BIG WARNING: Those builds are absolutely for testing purposes only. Don’t use in production. It’s quite possible your files saved using this version might get broken and won’t open in earlier/future versions. If you want to install previous snapshots, please get them here - sourceforge.net/projects/synfig … snapshots/
Last words about our fundraising campaign for next month.
It is not doing well.
We have 8 days left and it’s still haven’t reached even the 10% yet. So, it’s quite possible Ivan will leave the project next month. In any case, we still have one full week to bring you more yummy features! See you in my next report!