Konstantin's weekly report #16

Hello everyone!

This time my weekly report is terrible delayed. And I bet many of you already guessed the excuse - we have released the Synfig Studio Training Package!

Read about it here: http://www.synfig.org/cms/en/news/the-first-synfig-training-package-is-available/

The release of the Training Package marks our work on Shuttleworth Foundation Flash Grant as done and I’ve took a chance to give a summary report about the results - http://www.synfig.org/cms/en/news/shuttleworth-foundation-flash-grant-results/

In the report you also can find some of my thoughts about future plans.

Last week Ivan finally achieved the stage when he have something to demonstrate. Check out this video - http://youtu.be/-BVmRvEykPA

The transformation widget is still requires a lot of polishing, of course. Now Ivan works to provide a way to link the groups to the bones, so it could be used to easily create cutout animation.

It’s 21st of November already and I have to admit that our fundraising campaign for the next month is not doing well. We have 10 days left and it’s still sticked to 28%… Let me remind that the success of this campaign will determine whether Ivan will keep working on Synfig in December or not. So, it would be nice if you help us by spreading a word about it.

That’s all for today, and see you in the next report! :slight_smile:

Hi!
The training package looks awesome!

I’ve requested to add the Spanish team at Transifex for the training package. It has been accepted. When I want to translate the strings, it uses the Russian as source to translate. Is it possible to add the English as visible language and its strings, when it is being translated from Russian? I think I did it before but I don’t remember how. Any other way to avoid need to learn Russian first? :wink:

Cheers!
-G

That is! Using the old editor you can add mor languages to watch meanwhile translating! Thank you guys!
-G

I think you should use the weekly development reports in your updates. Also a press release kit will help attract people. Here is an example of a press release kit

PRESS RELEASE: Bubblegum Crisis KickStarter reaches goal

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BUBBLEGUM CRISIS ULTIMATE EDITION BLU-RAY SET KICKSTARTER REACHES GOAL LESS THAN 4 DAYS
Provides backers with opportunity to “CrowdProduce” final product

WILMINGTON, NC - November 4, 2013 - AnimEigo is pleased to announce that the Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray Set KickStarter campaign reached its $75,000 goal in less than 96 hours, and is now approaching the $100k mark.

The Kickstarter funds a special limited-edition 2 BD50 set of the classic Japanese Anime Sci-Fi miniseries, which will contain all 8 episodes, in English and Japanese with English and French Subtitles. Also included are all the animated and live-action music videos, an online data archive of production notes, interviews, and high-resolution graphics, a custom challenge coin, and postcards – all for $50.

Unlike most KickStarters, this one has no stretch goals. Instead, AnimEigo is experimenting with “CrowdProduction” – a full 50% of the amount raised goes into the production budget, and the backers themselves will be able to propose ways to use the excess budget to improve the set. AnimEigo will cost out the proposals, and the backers will vote to decide what gets included!

The set will not be region-coded, and is available to backers world-wide (except Japan, China and Taiwan). Estimated shipment date is August 2014. The KickStarter campaign ends on Sunday, November 24th.

ABOUT BUBBLEGUM CRISIS:

Bubblegum Crisis was one of the first titles AnimEigo released over 20 years ago. This classic 8-episode OVA series was created by a who’s-who of the Anime world, featuring character designs by Kenichi Sonoda (Riding Bean, Gunsmith Cats, Gall Force), production design by Shinji Aramaki (Appleseed, Full Metal Alchemist, Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013)), direction by Katsuhito Akiyama (Armitage III), Masami Oobari (Detonator Orgun), Fumihiko Takayama (Patlabor III), Jun Okada, Hiroaki Gooda (Oh My Goddess!), music by Kooji Makaino (Oh My Goddess!), and mechanical designs by Sonoda, Aramaki and Hideki Kakinuma (Detonator Orgun).

ABOUT ANIMEIGO:

Established in 1989, AnimEigo, Inc. was one of the first companies to release Anime in the United States and Canada, as well as one of the first companies to release significant numbers of high-quality Japanese live-action films. Over the last quarter-century, the company has consistently broadened the market for Japanese films by finding audiences for entire new genres of films.

Renowned for the quality of its translations, subtitles, and dubbing, AnimEigo have released many classic anime titles, including “Bubblegum Crisis”, “Urusei Yatsura”, “Kimagure Orange Road”, “Macross” and “Oh My Goddess!”.

AnimEigo is a private company located at Wilmington, North Carolina, USA.

MEDIA RESOURCES AND LINKS:

KickStarter Campaign Page: kickstarter.com/projects/mad … lu-ray-set

HD Music Video: vimeo.com/77863257

Color Artwork: animeigo.com/BGCUE/Color.html

Settei (Line Art): animeigo.com/BGCUE/Settei.html

For further information contact:
AnimEigo Inc, Robert Woodhead
trebor@animeigo.com
+1 910-251-1850

Here is the forum of the press release kit animeigo.yuku.com/topic/37/Sprea … edia-goals

Actually I have an idea for an indiegogo that will make Synfig a lot of money animating the wuffle comics wufflecomics.com/free-license/
As you can see by it’s Indiegogo Campaign indiegogo.com/projects/wuffl … 1/x/181218 it has a fanbase