issue with scale layer

Is there a known issue with the Synfig scale layer?
Setting the scale layer amount to 1.0 seems to scale by more than 200% (double) and and closer to 300%
I am running pre-built SynfigStudio 1.0.2 on OSX
Thanks.
-u

wiki.synfig.org/Scale_Layer states:
The parameters of the Scale Layers are:
The parameters of the Scale Layers are:
Name Value Type
Amount 1.000000 real
Origin 0.000000u,0.000000u vector
For Amount, a positive value will scale up and a negative value will scale down. A value of 1.0 will double the original size of the object. A value of 0.5 will increase the object by 50%. While a value of -1.0 will reduce an object to half its original size.
The Origin is the center of the scale.

Looks like someone mixed up 2 and e :smiley:

Should be easy to fix, but please file an issue on github.com/synfig/synfig/issues so that it’s easier to track and not forget about it.

Also, as easy as it might be to fix, we should consider compatibility issues. Some investigation would be required before actually doing anything.

yep … easy to reproduce ! (single figure origin 0,0 , note the size with rules, add scale layer, set amout to 1 , check figure size with rules)

… the official bug tracker is’nt still this one (buggennie) ? ( wiki.synfig.org/FAQ#FAQs_relatin … ig_release )

I’ve got turned down from that bugtracker :smiley:

synfig.org/issues/thebuggeni … issues/983

github.com/synfig/synfig/issues/235

i may have mess any other info about the subject from regular develloper discution canal (mailing list … ) …

I can file a bug report.
Is the official list at synfig.org, or github.com?
Thanks.
-u

Depends on what counts as official, i guess. But discussion in the links above and the fact that github issues were in fact opened (they used to be closed) and a lot of recent activity there suggests that it’s a better idea to post new issues on github.

Except that there are already a lot of opened bugs in buggenie and we don’t need redondancy…
Especially when bug reports are duplicates and concerning outdated 1.0.2

Yup, I guess it does.

Re this:
‘For Amount, a positive value will scale up and a negative value will scale down. A value of 1.0 will double the original size of the object. A value of 0.5 will increase the object by 50%. While a value of -1.0 will reduce an object to half its original size.’

If 0.5 up-scales by 50%, one might anticipate -0.5 will down-scale by 50%.

Posted on github #263

-u

Hi!
Don’t think that the stretch layer should be renamed to scale layer, cos most people I know that use Synfig use the stretch layer as a squash and stretch method to squash and stretch their animation and as such its name is more or less relevant. I do think however that the name zoom layer is more appropriate then scale layer, because again, most people I know that use Synfig use the scale layer in a relative way as a workaround of the lack of a proper camera in Synfig and as such zoom layer would be more appropriate. To scale I mostly use the multi functional Group Transformation Widget.
Greetz!