Improve draw tool

I think that if you want more people to use synfig you should polish the Draw Tool more, remember that many people will come to use Synfig because they are looking for an alternative to flash and one of the main characteristics of flash is that you can draw easily with its tool brush, is not that I want to put my finger in the wound, but Nina Paley already said it a few years ago, Synfig is not very friendly with new users, also when someone wants to do 2D animation what most people want to do is just grab their stylus or your mouse and start drawing with a brush tool, not putting dots and dragging things for hours.

I’ve used synfig since the beginning of 2011, hell in a few months it’s going to be a decade, and the Draw Tool is still the same?

The Draw Tool is a great tool, it helps you save a lot of time, in a drawing made in synfig with the SplineTool in which it could take around 8 hours with the Draw Tool I can have it ready in about 4 (or even maybe if took the same time, I don’t feel so heavy because when doing it with the stylus you have fun and time goes by quickly)

But since I have used it again these days, remember why I stopped using it since you must draw very slowly so that the Auto correction of the line leaves it a bit similar to how you want it.
But since I have used it again these days, remember why I stopped using it and if you drew at normal speed the shapes you draw are simplified and look like something else, so you must draw very slowly so that the Auto correction of the line is Leave a bit similar to how you want it, but when you do it like this it seems that you have a maraquero pulse.

I have years drawing with a stylus and a drawing with lines this irregular does not seem professional at all, if you manage to polish the Draw Tool to making those draws created with it have a clean line they will look more professional and people will ask and try to use more this program.

well, If anyone is interested, then I leave the .sif file in case you want to play with it.

MKNS-0402A.sifz (93,6 KB)

3 Likes

Hi, @lobozamora!
Can you describe step-by-step how we can improve it?