Anyone in for pitching ideas? I’ve been checking about how HTML5 can quickly build a drawing app, and I realized how relatively easy it was and how possible it is to make a tool with Pencil-like features for pencil-tests, but also sound capabilities. It is the latter sound scrobbling part that I can’t seem to understand, but then again I was never a programmer. To top it all, HTML5 is as easy (or more so) to program with as ActionScript3, though even more efficient to utilize especially in cross-platform.
I was wondering if anyone was interested in helping me create a simple tool for Lipsyncing and Storyboarding? Here are the concepts I had in mind:
- At first, only two primary tools: Pencil and eraser.
- Multiple Layer support.
- Adjustable Framerate, and Pencil/ToonBoom-like exposure timeline (keyframe drawing remains shown in empty frames, until second keyframe is introduced)
- Sound Layer, capable of scrobbling.
- Light-table/Onion-Skin: previous frame fades by some amount to help animate easily.
- Export as PNG (single frame or sequence) and / or LST-file for Synfig.
- Press Left and Right to navigate between frames.
Perhaps when this goes well we’ll also consider an X-Sheet export function and other advanced functions, but first let’s start simple and useful. Here’s the interface idea: