how to render??

Hi, i’m new to Synfig. In fact I’m just trying this software. I’ve tried to do some animation in synfig for a few times which is in 5 second only. I render it to .wmv video and it’s working but the last one is 15s, when i try rendering it, it doesn’t work until now. So, I try rendering them into a series of .png files and try to follow the steps as shown in wiki.synfig.org/wiki/Render_options. But well, I never use the command prompt before and when I typed in the line "ffmpeg -r 24 -i bbscene1.%04d.png -f flv test.wmv, I got this:

‘ffmpeg’ is not recognized as an internal or external, operable program or batch file.

What exactly I need to do? I’m using Windows 7 and please be gentle because I never use the command prompt. any help will be appreciated!

Why? What’s not working in the case of 15 seconds?
I’ve used Synfig Studio 0.63.00 in Windows 7 and I can use the ffmpeg target option from the render dialogue.

Anyway, if you need to use the command line you need to cd to the bin folder where ffmpeg is:

cd C:\Program Files\Synfig\bin

or use the full path when calling ffmpeg:

C:\Program Files\Synfig\bin\ffmpeg.exe

Alternatively you can go to:
Control Panel->System and Security->System->Advanced System Settings->Environment Variables
Then there, add a new User environment variable:
Variable Name: PATH
Variable Value: C:\Program Files\Synfig\bin
(last back slash is important)
Then ‘synfig.exe’, ‘synfigstudio.exe’ and ‘ffmpeg.exe’ will be available form anywhere in the command prompt.

Btw, welcome to the forums vick7!
-G

My bad, last night was a mess! I didn’t cd to the bin folder and I never use this kind of technique before (enter a command line).

The 15 sec issue is that, I render the finished product directly into .wmv not .png first and combined them together. I notice this problem when I try rendering the other animation I made which last only 5s and it worked (directly to .wmv not .png first). But when I make the new animation (the 15s) and render it directly to .wmv, it doesn’t work. I don’t know what’s the problem but since I know how to use the command line now, I guess I’ll just stop finding the answer.

Anyway, thanks for the help! I think I’ll spend more time with synfig now! :slight_smile: