How to build Synfig on Fedora 15

Hi!!
No no, I’ve not forgotten that we are in the middle of a release. Sure the release will be at the end of the month. :smiley:

Recently we are dealing with building Synfig with cairo support for the MS Windows platform.
I’ve asked on gtkmm-list@gnome.org about how to obtain the latest cairomm libraries for the Windows platform. Finally I’ve ended with the following reply: why don’t just do a cross compiling of Synfig Studio using Fedora? It seems that Fedora has a good set of tools to ideally make a cross compiling for any autotools configured working application with not many effort.

So first step is to be able to build Synfig inside Fedora. For that task I’m using Fedora 15 on a virtual machine.
I used this script: synfig.org/wiki/Dev:Build_Instru … ild_script
And I have troubles since the beginning: ETL
pastebin.com/hjtRGDhX
Notice that the pastebin is only the error messages. The relevant section are the warnings from ETL configuration:

configure: WARNING: pthread.h: present but cannot be compiled configure: WARNING: pthread.h: check for missing prerequisite headers? configure: WARNING: pthread.h: see the Autoconf documentation configure: WARNING: pthread.h: section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled" configure: WARNING: pthread.h: proceeding with the compiler's result configure: WARNING: ## -------------------------------------------------------------------------- ## configure: WARNING: ## Report this to http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=144022&atid=757416 ## configure: WARNING: ## -------------------------------------------------------------------------- ## configure: WARNING: sched.h: present but cannot be compiled configure: WARNING: sched.h: check for missing prerequisite headers? configure: WARNING: sched.h: see the Autoconf documentation configure: WARNING: sched.h: section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled" configure: WARNING: sched.h: proceeding with the compiler's result configure: WARNING: ## -------------------------------------------------------------------------- ## configure: WARNING: ## Report this to http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=144022&atid=757416 ## configure: WARNING: ## -------------------------------------------------------------------------- ## configure: WARNING: sys/time.h: present but cannot be compiled configure: WARNING: sys/time.h: check for missing prerequisite headers? configure: WARNING: sys/time.h: see the Autoconf documentation configure: WARNING: sys/time.h: section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled" configure: WARNING: sys/time.h: proceeding with the compiler's result configure: WARNING: ## -------------------------------------------------------------------------- ## configure: WARNING: ## Report this to http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=144022&atid=757416 ## configure: WARNING: ## -------------------------------------------------------------------------- ##

So this forwarded me to this link: gnu.org/software/hello/manua … piled.html

Any help on this? Do I need to change the configure.ac file or I am missing something??
Thanks!
-G

On my f15, the build is just ok. long time ago, I had an issue quite similar to this in F14, to fix it I just

yum install ccache 

This issue was reported at:
sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=de … tid=757416
but I can’t figure out what the root cause is myself.

hope it help

Doh! I’ve been posting on the tracker you mention! :blush:
Effectively installing ccache solves the problem. I have no idea why does it happen… :unamused:
Thanks jcome! :smiley:
-G