How to achieve this similar shape effect in Synfig

I was trying to analyze an animation in this video
https://youtu.be/EFdAOiNXUKY (from 0:01 to 0:10)
which is done by a team of motion designers from Ordinary Folk (they used After Effects).
I did not try to create yet, so can somebody help me, how will I be able to achieve this move in Synfig.

You may not be able to tell the exact shapes used and the effects applied on them since these are completely different programs. My advice is you can download that video a break out those 10s seconds then further open the 10s frame by frame(this should be around 240 photos) you should now be able to make your own rough story board/animatic by trying to figure out which shapes were used & how the effect proceeds,then decide on how to bring it into life using synfig

as @ktim said you should break down the animation and understand it frame by frame. And then draw the basic shapes (in Synfig or Inkscape). And then start animating it, the animation is a lot complex to do. Even if you use any software either After Effects or Synfig it’s going to be hard.

If you don’t have much experience with animating motion graphics or shapes you should rather start with basic animation so that you can learn and build essential skills which will give you proper understanding to create animations. And then you can slowly progress to animating more complex animation like this.

If I get time I will make this animation, and explain the process.

@JirehLa-ab
I don’t know if you know the synfig basics, so I’ll tell you here:
the shape morphing is possible by creating the first shape with enough vertices to be able to morph to the second shape.
Once you have the first shape draw, you move to time point you desire (example: 1s or 24frame), enable Animation mode and then move the vertices to the position they should be to morph it to its second appearance.
Synfig will then animate the shape morphing.

I’ll try to show in video below. Sorry for the simplification here: the left-button of my mouse is double-clicking sometimes. Quite annoying and sometimes I can’t even drag anything…