Hi! New Animator here - longtime cartoonist

Hi -

very much looking forward to learning synfig for 2D animation.

I have taken on the project of doing a limited animation music video (with only Windows Movie maker acting as an old-time animation camera) and want more options for future projects.

I have a lot of comic books that I published a few years back and would like to animate them, as well as other’s work.

I am asking for help; a mentor. I hope I find that here - I will really need it.

Where should I begin? Is there a good tutorial or online manual? Lessons?

If anyone wants any voice-over, please let me know.

Thanx,
Thomas

Hello Thomas and welcome to Synfig.
I think the tutorials section is a good place to start. Check them out first, dive into Synfig and come back with more specific questions on issues you encounter. It’s always easier to answer those than a general how do I animate in Synfig question.

Again, welcome, we all hope you’ll enjoy Synfig!

Oh, very nice looking avatar! Reminds me of 70’s horror comics.

Hi Thomas!

This is a very friendly and helpful forum, so feel confortable diving in the documentation because any doubt you have will be answered (if we know the answer!).
Welcome!
-G

Hey thanks for the link to the tutorial section! I wasn’t sure where I could find an introduction section, so I decided to post in the first thread I found (via StumbleUpon, naturally). I’m very much a newbie to animation, so it’s nice to see that there are other newbie animators out there too.

Anyway, I hope to meet you all soon…from one [newbie] animator to another. Peace! :smiley:

Hi CFan!
welcome to the forums!
-G