[Help] Dependencies missing on build?

Hi,

I need your help gurus: when I compile Synfig under macOS, with autotools, production and then package it, it works like a charm… but only in the computer I built it on.
If I switch to any other computer it gives me this message:

Referenced from: <A1647273-E62D-3525-B9B0-B112DA49F9C7> /Applications/SynfigStudio_2024-02-07.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libmlt++-7.7.dylib
  Reason: tried: '/usr/local/Cellar/mlt/7.14.0_1/lib/libmlt-7.7.dylib' (no such file), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/local/Cellar/mlt/7.14.0_1/lib/libmlt-7.7.dylib' (no such file), './libmlt-7.7.dylib' (no such file), '$ORIGIN/lib/libmlt-7.7.dylib' (no such file), './libmlt-7.7.dylib' (no such file), '$ORIGIN/lib/libmlt-7.7.dylib' (no such file), './libmlt-7.7.dylib' (no such file), '$ORIGIN/lib/libmlt-7.7.dylib' (no such file), './libmlt-7.7.dylib' (no such file), '$ORIGIN/lib/libmlt-7.7.dylib' (no such file), './libmlt-7.7.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/local/lib/libmlt-7.7.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/lib/libmlt-7.7.dylib' (no such file, not in dyld cache)

If I install, Homebrew and the Synfig dependencies then the build works.
I guess that package (or others) aren’t being correctly packaged in the .app, am I right?
is there any easy way to fix it?

Thanks!

ping: @ice0 @rodolforg

Hi, Pablo!

I’m not sure, but the current package script (for autotools) may be missing some libraries when packing Synfig Studio.app.
Also it does not sign dependencies, so the generated SynfigStudio.app cannot be run on newer macOS.
I’ve already rewritten this script, but I need to clean it up, so I plan to upload it this weekend.

Thank you for the information.
Let me know when you upload it and I’ll help you testing it, whether in old and new macOS OS

1 Like

Hi @ice0,

Did you have time to have a look at this? I don’t know if I missed it…

Thanks!