Hello everyone

Okay, here is what I did.

I’ve uninstalled Synfig, deleted all the directories, manually cleaned the registry then isntalled .0.62.1 again.

Now, seems much more stable, the Wacom still wont work at startup, but all I need to do now is to turn it off then back on again and it works.

If I create a new document, the Wacom goes missing again, but only on the newly created document, not the existing one, then I only need to turn it off then on for the new document.

Frankly I can live with that! :slight_smile:

G

Sincerely that’s the oddest thing I’ve never seen.
Glad you’ve found a fix for that.
I’m uploading a video to show how to install Synfig Studio in Windows 7 (in my case a virtual machine under Ubuntu) and enable the use single thread only thing.

Here it is:
youtube.com/watch?v=a4HPsHgSBTU
Cheers
-G

Hello again!

Watched the video, did not get the check single thread option before, but still then, same problem.

Made a screen grab of it.

http://thewingsofpower.com/temp/grab.mov

This is scaled down from 1920 X 1200, hence the lower quality

You can see what I mean there, maybe a thing with my graphic card or display drivers, dunno.

G

Hmm, really weird. It will be difficult to debug since it seems to be related to a hardware - software combination.
You seem to have taken the Synfig Studio work flow!! :smiley:
-G

EDIT: the single thread thing is jut to avoid crashes, nothing to do with the extended input drivers detection/usage.

Hello again

Yeah, it is probably a problem on my side.

Yeah, like I said, I like the drawing tools alot, especialy like the way you can draw a free hand, then stop, then continue on it as if it was nothing then it all connects.

I still need to have a look at the other tools it has, read a little more on it, maybe have a look at the code, see what language it uses.

I grew acostumed to a certain set of tools, will have to see which are available with synfig at the moment.

I was glad to see it has an equivalent to switch layers, which is an obvious must, also looking at something similar to blend morph, which is the absolute best way to make facial and lipsynch animation. Gives astounding results with very basic setup, not a fan of phoenemes and the such.

I need to have a look at the composition tools, is it node based?

All in all, I am quite impressed with it at the moment.

G

Synfig composition is layer based. Each layer takes a context (the rendered result of the layers below) and blend it self with it and return the result upwards as a new context for the next layer. Context scope is the root canvas, or the paste canvas layer scope. Paste canvases acts like encapsulation of the blending and the result is another layer to be blended in its own context.
On the other hand Synfig is also node based because the layer parameters can be connected between them without restrictions of layers or canvas scope. The only weak thing is that the node interface still being a bit minimalist, but the power is behind.
-G