Files crashing Synfig

synfig.org/cms/en/download
Downloaded from here, Synfig 1.0.1
Win XP 32 bit
I have files that were untouched since Sunday, August 2nd 2015. I drew an animated them that day, saved them and left them to be exported later. I began exporting some files and noticed some files would not open. This had happened before, but it didn’t crash after restarting my computer. These three files no longer load
animation proj.zip (1.07 MB)

Hello,

Testing relax.sifz.

Lauching synfigstudio from the console, i have detected two errors in your file…

1. synfig(4750) [13:18:52] error: Unable to physically open /mycomputer/mypath/backgorunds/NATURE.png
    This error come from the fact you have moved the NATURE.png linked file from the “backgorunds” directory to the project directory.
    You can correct this error by move the NATURE.png file to a “backgorunds” directory up to the project files (or by changing the path directly in the projet file by unzipping the sifz file and editing in a text editor)

/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_valuenode>:13579: error: Unexpected element <bone_valuenode>
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_valuenode>:13579: error: Bad data in <bone_valuenode>
loadcanvas.cpp:2617 parse_value_node done bad data
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_valuenode>:13579: error: Parse of ‘bone’ failed
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_link>:13577: error: <bone_link> is missing link 0 (bone)
loadcanvas.cpp:1646
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_valuenode>:13646: error: Unexpected element <bone_valuenode>
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_valuenode>:13646: error: Bad data in <bone_valuenode>
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_valuenode>:13646: error: Parse of ‘bone’ failed
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_link>:13644: error: <bone_link> is missing link 0 (bone)
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_valuenode>:13713: error: Unexpected element <bone_valuenode>
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_valuenode>:13713: error: Bad data in <bone_valuenode>
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_valuenode>:13713: error: Parse of ‘bone’ failed
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_link>:13711: error: <bone_link> is missing link 0 (bone)
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_valuenode>:13780: error: Unexpected element <bone_valuenode>
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_valuenode>:13780: error: Bad data in <bone_valuenode>
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_valuenode>:13780: error: Parse of ‘bone’ failed
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_link>:13778: error: <bone_link> is missing link 0 (bone)
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_valuenode>:13847: error: Unexpected element <bone_valuenode>
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_valuenode>:13847: error: Bad data in <bone_valuenode>
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_valuenode>:13914: error: Parse of ‘bone’ failed
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_link>:13912: error: <bone_link> is missing link 0 (bone)
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_valuenode>:13981: error: Unexpected element <bone_valuenode>
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_valuenode>:13981: error: Bad data in <bone_valuenode>
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_valuenode>:13981: error: Parse of ‘bone’ failed
/mycomputer/mypath/animation proj/relax.sifz:<bone_link>:13979: error: <bone_link> is missing link 0 (bone)
Segmentation fault

This one is worst actually and cause a “Segmentation fault” crash.

Looking to your file in a text editor, i have found nor “skeleton” or “skeleton deformation” layers type, but linked bones.

Question : I suspect you have created a skeleton layer, then linked bones to shapes … then removed the skeleton layer … isn’t ?

Nota : I have tried to test this kind of things, but without the expected result … i still can open the test project

So nothing can be done about it? Just throw away the file?

It’s just XML. Surely you can convert it if you are really motivated.