File/Open : "use" attribute in <entry> references unknown ID

Yop,

I have a problem opening a project.
This project was created with 0.63.05 Dev / Revision: 20130217
Spline-DotMan.sifz (5.47 KB)

Terminal output :

synfig(2151) [09:08:31] info: ipc.cpp:252: fifo activity: 'F' synfig(2151) [09:08:31] info: ipc.cpp:252: fifo activity: 'O /home/.../Spline-DotMan.sifz' home/.../Spline-DotMan.sifz:<entry>:125: error: "use" attribute in <entry> references unknown ID -- Left-Bottom home/.../Spline-DotMan.sifz:<entry>:128: error: "use" attribute in <entry> references unknown ID -- Right-Top home/.../Spline-DotMan.sifz:<entry>:196: error: "use" attribute in <entry> references unknown ID -- Center-Top home/.../Spline-DotMan.sifz:<entry>:264: error: "use" attribute in <entry> references unknown ID -- Left-Top home/.../Spline-DotMan.sifz:<entry>:265: error: "use" attribute in <entry> references unknown ID -- Left-Bottom home/.../Spline-DotMan.sifz:<entry>:266: error: "use" attribute in <entry> references unknown ID -- Right-Bottom home/.../Spline-DotMan.sifz:<entry>:269: error: "use" attribute in <entry> references unknown ID -- Center-Top home/.../Spline-DotMan.sifz:<position>:1960: error: Unexpected element <position> home/.../Spline-DotMan.sifz:<width>:1963: error: Unexpected element <width> home/.../Spline-DotMan.sifz:<side_before>:1966: error: Unexpected element <side_before> home/.../Spline-DotMan.sifz:<side_after>:1969: error: Unexpected element <side_after> synfig(2151) [09:09:08] info: ipc.cpp:252: fifo activity: 'F'

Another Reflexion : Is it “normal” that i can’t extract a sifz file with an “archive manager like” software (this case File Roller) ? I can open it, view the file “Spline-DotMan” but extract it produce an “Error occur extracting file” thing.

See=)ya!

Before extract you have to rename it to have the gz extension I think.

Respect to the file, it seems that it has been badly saved because I can’t open it with official Synfig 0.63.05.

I’ll try to take a look to the file itself.
-G

Looks like those exported value nodes has been saved in the incorrect order. Or the code is not smart enough to know when a value node depends on other.
Can you write a recipe to reproduce it down?
-G

Here is the file fixed:
How did I fix it:
Move the definitions that were missing to the top (before they are used)
Redefine a to giving it the same values.

Did you disconnect the widthpoint and then saved the file? Maybe it was the reason for the widthpoint problem. For the other exported value nodes I don’t know what has caused it.

It looks like a union of various bugs.

-G
DotMan-fixed.sifz (3.9 KB)

Definitively, disconnect a widthpoint save and then load fails. I’m going to open a bug ticket.
Thanks for report!
-G

work like a charm … ! (i will put that on FAQ …)

Humm … not sure. but will try. I have done various non conventinal (non strait line) things … , but started with copy/paste of single advanced outline layer, linked first , soi unlink them to create arms (l/r)and legs(l/r) …

Hummm… not sure… but i have saved the file … yep :slight_smile:

I want to say … Cool !

I want to say … Cool² !

asta+