Export to Lottie files - text is missing

I have created several test files and whenever I export them to a Lottie file the text is not exported but only the shapes.

What is the error?
Program version: 1.4.4 (64-bit)

Here is the download to the testfile:

https://www.dropbox.com/t/baOdWxCK71Fbp3ZX

I’m facing the same problem, I get no text nor with official Lottie exporter nor with @Glax one…

Any ideas?
Thanks

Do check this before exporting text.
Text Layer — Synfig developers docs documentation.

Yes, I did check but it doesn’t work for me… actually, it looks like the Text feature PR never got merged (check here https://github.com/synfig/synfig/pull/1469)

Or, does it work for you and maybe is OS related?.. or I’m still not doing something right…
Could anyone try to export text to confirm?

Thanks!

Hello

I recently tried to export to Lottie and no text was was exported/ visible. So also interested if anyone finds a solution.

I am using Windows 11 Pro.

I did find this when looking. It looks like there was something being worked on, but not sure what came of it.

Maybe its a different plugin. Struggled to follow it to be honest :sweat_smile:

Hi,

The best way to look at the progress done is reading this PR: [Lottie Exporter] Add support for Text Layer by saurabh-ramola · Pull Request #1469 · synfig/synfig · GitHub

But developers didn’t answer my last question… I hope they get some time soon to answer it and maybe, work on it.

In the meantime, I’ve played with it and created a “fork”, fixing some minor errors and improving it’s behavior. I guess I can’t release it as a whole because the main work is not mine, I may be done by merging that PR first, and then adding my improvements… but, here you have the whole thing in case you want to test it:
lottie-exporter-6-text-layer.zip (322,4 KB)

You will need to overwrite the /lottie-exporter/ folder stored in the Synfig app (depending on your OS). You could locate it following something similar to the following path:
[synfig_install_folder]/share/synfig/plugins

Let me know if it helps you.
BTW, the text layer needs more work as the font size and character tracking is not correctly calculated…

IMHO, having a proper Lottie exporter (feature rich) could make Synfig boost user adoption (and probably attract new developers) as they are used a lot in web design and there are not many alternatives to export to Lottie apart from Adobe After Effects…