Error when changing colour

When i change colour in( animation off mode), it show some error and i can’t close that error.that is multiple infinitely i cant do anything. The only way is restart the system.( this happen only constant interpolation)

Hi Bara,

I cannot see the video, it seems like external users don’t have the permission to see the file.
Could you check your sharing settings please?

Here is youtube link : https://youtu.be/wYoLVzTad7Q

Ouch. IIRC somebody else reported something like that before.
For now, try to pressing Esc like crazy XD : The idea is try to close the color dialog before opening the new message error dialog.

Will this ever be fixed? This bug has been annoying for years now. A bug so bad it locks up the entire OS, should be addressed at some point.

First of all, the way you change color in the “color wheel” is not right, I mean, once the color windows pops up, there is no need to press the color picker button to change a color, you can just press any color in the “color wheel” without using the color picker button.

The color picker buttons is used to gather the color information from your screen or the canvas, not to get the color from the color wheel…

I can reproduce the bug, it is related with the popup windows that warns you about trying to modify a value in “animation mode” off. By the way, I’m able to go out of the infinite loop by just pressing a few times Enter till you find a “gap” between those popups and turns the “animation mode” on (as Enter serves to toggle “animation mode” on and off). In that moment the infinite loops finishes and you get the grip of Synfig again…

The issue must be addressed but this is a simple workaround.

I hope it helped you.
Cheers

This happens to me when I try to pick a color from a “reference picture” or a “color swatch” picture that I brought in Synfig exactly for the purpose of taking a color from it. That error pop-ups up and my mouse is locked to “pipette”. There was another post somewhere with something like “you have to hit two escapes and one enter then try to click the x” like some sort of cheat code in a game.

The only thing these workarounds manage to do is sometimes crash Synfig, which is nice because it means I don’t need to hard-reset my PC for picking a color.

Well, the whole colour widget which is used, is now deprecated and should be replaced by the newer colour widgets in the UI framework being used. I was actually looking into replacing the old/deprecated currently used widget then if the problem persists look into possible solutions. I will open an issue for replacing the old deprecated widget, and start working on it soon hopefully.

Well hopefully it will fix it. Synfig has made so much progress regarding bugs that “this” and bone shenanigans are the last truly annoying bugs.

1 Like