Does "synfigstudio" (not "synfig") have command line options?

Does “synfigstudio” (not “synfig”) have command line options?
specially for getting an error log?

Explanation:
I’m in Ubuntu 15.04 in an old 32 bits machine (Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20GHz × 2)

I constantly have crashes with Synfig on my system. From my point of view, they are random, just for moving a handle on the canvas, or moving a layer in the layers panel, or changing a parameter in parameters panel.
So, instead of have a screenshot of the terminal, I wish to have an error log, … to see all the things I did wrong!, like just trying to get a way into a minefield
So I open synfigstudio in terminal:

synfigstudio > synfiglog.txt 

But, after crashing happens i go to “synfiglog.txt” and just appears one line, showing that synfig is loading. The other messages that appear in Ubuntu’s terminal doesn’t appear.

So… please help. :blush:

Can’t tell for sure, but it seems to me that synfigstudio have only a sif file as an option (version 1.0 also have -c switch to show console output on Windows).

To get all output from the console, do this:

synfigstudio > synfiglog.txt 2>&1

Thanks Svarov. As soon as I can I’ll try your command. Hope to put my results here. I guess it has something to do with Linux’s redirecting output or pipes. Just for curiosity do you know or have more info about that?. I mean in general, for GNU-Linux systems?. I don’t find the correct words. What does “2>&1” means?

superuser.com/questions/71428/wh … mmand-line