Different versions of Synfig?

I was watching the tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLzkBuNSCVI and reading URL2 when I noticed that some instructions to manipulate panes did not work in Synfig 1.2.2 (the latest version?). How are panes (control panels) manipulated in 1.2.2? Will the documentation be updated? If the documentation is in git, I volunteer to do the updating and create a pull request, if someone will explain it to me here.

ADDED: I get an error when I try to post this (“you cannot post a link to that host”), so I will remove links until the error disappears.

ADDED: URL2 is on the Synfig website! You are forbidding links to your own website!

Yup, this site is Evil, hosted by Russians, you know their reputation of hackers… :stuck_out_tongue:

In fact the system detects that you are new on the forums and several posts with the same url, maybe you are an evil spammer and it blocks you :stuck_out_tongue:

About the panels, just drag the tabs of the panels on the Placement Widget to define their relative position.
The video is from 2013, a long, long time ago…
You can also drag panel outside but it is not recommended.
Last, you can use a few predefined workspaces, user-defined workspaces will be added asap :wink:
(the current workspace is saved between sessions)

1 Like

Yes, I did try dragging panels outside to make independent windows, but they can’t be dragged back in again. I guess this is a bug, but the easy workaround is as follows:

1. Click Menu > Window > Workspace > Default.

2. Restart Synfig Studio.

You can, but you need to do it the right way :wink:
UseOfPlacementWidget

1 Like