Deleting a bone

I’m on Ubuntu 18.04.1 and Synfig 1.2.1, and deleting a bone (it is a child bone, but not a parent of any bones) causes Synfig to crash, so I’m basically stuck with this unwanted bone since the file has been saved.

I see other Issues about this on this forum and in Github, but the proposed solution is for when the bone is a parent of other bones, and they suggest that once the children bones are detached then you can delete the parent. But that’s not relevant here as the bone to be deleted has no children.

Wondering has anyone else had this issue, and is there a workaround?

Thanks y’all!

1 Like

Did you try to check if the bone was still attached to any layer?
As a “last chance” you could edit direct the .sif (not a .sifz, export of necessary) and remove the bone (with a text or XML editor)

I have the same issue, I think I de-clicked the bone from its layer however I am unable to see the context menu with the Delete Smart option for the specific bone i want to delete. Thank you for your help. I can see the option when I try it on unrelated bones.

Hello, David.

What version are you using? Release family 1.2.x is not supported anymore.
Try 1.4.3 or 1.5.1. Don’t forget to make a backup of your .sif (or .sifz) file first.

If you are trying one of these ‘recent’ versions and still have this issue, could you provide us (or PM me) the .sif file to check and maybe fix it? If so, you can do it via a file repository link (Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.) or zip it and upload it here.