Dancing skeleton crashes everytime i use width tool

First i used the width tool on my skeleton then it suddenly crashes when i did so.

I recently fixed it, but just for not crashing.
Anyway, it is not supposed to use Width Tool for bones - although it could make sense, it is focused on change outline width.

You can change the bone tip/root width manually: select the skeleton layer, enable Width handles and drag them. :slight_smile: Basic Bone Morphing — Synfig User Manual 1.5.1 documentation

The fix will be available for future releases.

1 Like

I am having a similar problem with random crashes and no errors. Program just disappears, often when I move the skeleton while in animation mode. It does not do it all the time but about 2 to 3 times per hour.
(All updates and changes below have included rebooting the computer.)

• Windows 10 (updated fully)
  • NVidia GEForce RTX 2060 Super (updated fully)
  • Dual monitor (both the same and using the same settings)
  • Synfig Studio 1.5.1 64-bit (the previous stable version crashed the same way)
  • I have tried deleting the C:\Users\MyName\Synfig\ files
  • There doesn’t seem to be an exact sequence of events to make it crash. The last crash happened when I rolled the mouse button to move the canvas while preparing to move the skeleton.

FOLLOWUP: I uninstalled Synfig 1.5.1 completely. Rebooted the computer then reinstalled again. The problem seems to have not come back.
Synfig still crashes with the color picker which I posted about here.