Creating New Synfig Demo Reel

I’ve been practicing with Synfig a while now, and I’m feeling more and more confident with the program. I’ve decided that I’m going to create a Synfig Demo reel, with a very specific focus, to show people that you can create broadcast quality cartoons using this program, something that looks similar to what you would see on TV. The demo will be 10 minutes long, in 720p, and I’ll cover various effects.

I have a very good idea of the different types of characters and scenes I want to make, and I have some books on drawing retro style cartoons to help me out.

I just need to learn how to do a few more things, and then I’ll begin work on it. My goal is to finish it within 30 days.

Interesting intention here Omar.
Just a little thought. - Have you done animation before? Creating 10 minutes of broadcast quality animation in mere 30 days is quite a lot of work. It’s 20 seconds per day. Also 10 minutes for a demo is quite long, people loose interest, there is soo much to watch nowadays.

Nevertheless I wish you best of luck!

Hi Rylleman,

I’ve done some Flash animation in the past, so it won’t be completely new to me. I have the time nowadays, and I actually want to use this program for full length animated cartoons, so I feel this will be a good learning exercise.

10 minutes might be too long, I might shorten it as I progress in the different elements.

Really excited about it!

I just need to figure out how to zoom in on a scene and enlarge an object (posted topics in the animation section) and then I’m ready to start.

Hi omar1,
count with the full Synfig Team support for that!
Cheers!
-G