copying the same animation with 0.9 seconds in between

Hey guys

I’m a newbie on synfig studio. I would like to simple make an animation of a vertical carrousel machine, just like this one youtube.com/watch?v=AVLBNQs … MOYePd_keZ (ca. 20th second). It only has to be 2D, so you can see the movement clearly of the shelves as seen from the side. This is not difficult i guess for an expert, i already made the desired movement of one of the shelves; it’s in the attachement. Now the only thing that needs to happen is to copy this 19 times, so that all these squares move like in a real carrousel. The time between two boxes passing on a flat piece of the path is approximately 0.9 seconds. The speed on a flat piece of the boxes is 0.25m/s in real life. The boxes accelerate in the corners.

I have been trying to do this for the last 3 days or so and to my frustriation it won’t work, i really do not know why, i have read the relevant documentation as well…

I’ve also attached a detailed drawing of the system, in case you would need it. Feel free to ask any quenstions.

Can you please help me?

Synfig Animation 2.sifz (2.64 KB)

Hi!
It’s best to attach png files that are used in synfig separately because they are not saved in the sifz file.
You entered the synfig dark realm of non existent reuse of animation. Best thing is to draw a spline that represents the movement of your boxes and then attach 19 boxes to it and animate them one by one along the spline. Like in the example I attached. The only way I see to reuse your work is to render the one box animation to png and put the png’s in a lst file and import the lst file as much as you need copies of it and then change the time offset of each layer by lets say -24f and maybe also change the starting position.
Greetz!
turnaround.sifz (2.57 KB)

Thank you very much for your reply, it looks a lot better now! :stuck_out_tongue:

do you mean by animating them one by one along the spline, that i should create waypoints one by one for every single box in animation mode?

Yes, unless you use a lst file or someone else comes with a better solution, but it will go a lot quicker then you think since all the boxes will be glued to the spline.