Commersial animation with Synfig

First step of creating a commercial animation. Scene 1, tried lip syncing with Papagayo. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

instagram.com/p/BRF3G1CDGqL … y=urmzoomn

Scene two of the animation. Car turn was done ENTIRELY in Synfig and was a real hell. This is what happens when you don’t know 3D.

instagram.com/p/BRK2GpajR6W … y=urmzoomn

First of all, backgrounds are great in both animations. Eh… I always have troubles with it. Did you use Krita for backgrounds? Or maybe MyPaint?

In first animation, the pig opens mouth too early when there’re no words in the song yet. So some minor corrections is required. Personally, I would only use papagayo for reference. I would try animate lips using morphing instead of a switch (frame-by-frame), I guess that would produce more smooth result.

In second one, car’s turn actually looks OK. Yes, there’re some glitches in morphing, but mostly fine. What catches the eye is the wrong movement of a car. It has the wrong scale in the start of a road and looks improper overall. Plus, the size of a road itself has also improper proportions. Remember, the car should not get too big to overlap the actual road line. To put it simply, the car should not become more than half of a road in size :wink:

There’s one problem with it - you’ll get a mix of styles if you try to combine 2D with 3D. So some portion of animation would be in 2D (raster/vector) and the other one is in 3D. It can be hard to get it blend well with each other. Anime folks love to make all different kind of machines in 3D while all other animation is in 2D. Looks weird if you ask me.

Sorry for getting a bit wordy here :slight_smile:

Anoher part instagram.com/p/BRNhDvojiFH … y=urmzoomn. One more to go!

Thank you. The backgrounds are an easy part for me. All of them are done in Krita.

I’ll try to correct the mouth timing. I will get back to this scene anyway to add movements to the pig and the girls. But using morphing is not an option for me this time because of the short deadline.

Yes, you are right about the sizes. I looked at it again today and the size is really weird. I’ll fix it too, thankfully it’s not all that difficult.

Remade the first scene adding some motion: instagram.com/p/BRPxcjbDv1Q … y=urmzoomn

The last scene instagram.com/p/BRU_MYzD-3D … y=urmzoomn.
Now many changes and improvements are ahead.

Wow wow wow! The yacht closing up (zooming) effect is great! Very nicely done.
And overall, good work!

Although… I wanted to point out that gesticulation of pig and girls is a bit weak, but having in mind that you didn’t have a lot of time for it… Nah, it’s OK :slight_smile:

And it is done! Woo-hoo!!
youtube.com/watch?v=N4phSXzs9OE

Thank you. At least it’s done now and I am proud that I managed to finish it in time.

Yet another half-done animation: instagram.com/p/BRsCBPlDWlr/. Unfortunately rejected.

Your second animation was much more well done than the first I’d say. The lip sync seems a bit off, but I like the improvement on the others!

First of all, backgrounds are great in both animations. Eh… I always have troubles with it. Did you use Krita for backgrounds? Or maybe MyPaint?
Bella+Canvas T-shirt 3001C