Chars with enclosed areas in imported text

Hello

I import text into synfig by typing the text into Inkscape, converting the text object to a path, saving this as a sif file, then importing the file into synfig. However characters that have inner closed areas such as ‘o’, ‘p’ and ‘e’ are displayed in synfig with the inner areas filled with the same color that is used to draw the text. Is this because of something I am doing?

Thanks

1 Like

Hello, I find that the tool integrated into synfig is easier to use, provided you do something basic.

Because it is true that exporting fonts as indicated with Inkscape sometimes gives errors, and so when that happens I use the font tool directly in synfig.

1 Like

Well as I said, I myself had bugs, on font exports in inkscape, and then in synfig the font was poorly formed the E’s are full, or elsewhere, even by moving the vertices a little.

And even if I did it 2 or 3 times. One thing you can try but not sure if it works is to export the text from Inkcape in EPS, then import it again into inkscape, then re-export it in sif, to import it in synfig but I never tried.

Otherwise if nothing works, in synfig create a font layer, and enter the desired font, this detects the system fonts.

1 Like

I’m trying your second idea about working directly in synfig now. This avoids the import errors but the rendered characters look grey and fuzzy compared to the imported ones. Do you have ideas about how I can improve them?

Thanks

1 Like

There’s a bug in stable version (1.4.4, maybe even 1.4.5, didn’t check myself) that leads to decrease in quality with each added “Text” layer.
To mitigate this, isolate each “Text” layer in its own separate group (right-click on the layer->Group Layer).

1 Like