Changing values in the "parameters, library, ..." window

I’m trying to change the “amount” value to a specific value however in the “Parameters, Library, Keyframes, Timetrack, Graphs, Canvas MetaData” it won’t let me alter any of the values. It also won’t let me change blend method, zoom, or any other option in that window except for those using a checkbox. Every time I try to do so, an error pops up in the terminal saying

code: GLib-GObject-WARNING **: When installing property: type ‘gtkmm__CustomObject_N6studio15ValueBase_EntryE’ already has a property named ‘editing-canceled’

(synfigstudio:10034): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: attempting to add an interface (GtkCellEditable) to class (gtkmm__CustomObject_N6studio15ValueBase_EntryE) after class_init

(synfigstudio:10034): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:2461: signal ‘editing_done’ is invalid for instance ‘0xb0c04008’ of type ‘gtkmm__CustomObject_N6studio15ValueBase_EntryE’

(synfigstudio:10034): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_view_column_cell_process_action: assertion ‘GTK_IS_CELL_EDITABLE (*editable_widget)’ failed
[/code]

Do I need to maybe try rolling back a package or is there something I’m doing wrong?

System: Arch Linux on Gnome 3.14

Hello kev,

can you be more explicit with your recipes - steps , has we can try to understand & reproduce what you are doing, also, can you give us the synfigstudio version you are using.

forget what upper, is that linked is to this : synfig.org/issues/thebuggeni … issues/699

can you give gtk lib version also …

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open new file

2. Draw any shape (example: a simple rectangle)

3. Go to the parameters window and try to change a value such as “amount” – the interface doesn’t seem to allow the user to change the value at all.

GTK Lib versions:

glib2 2.42.0-1
gtkmm 2.24.4-1
Synfig Studio Version: 0.64.1-1 – however this issue seems to exist for versions going back to 0.63.05-3, suggesting the issue isn’t directly related to synfigstudio (so if I install the old package with all of my current packages, the issue persists (also if I manually downgrade gtkmm and gtk2 packages)).

I am having the same problem as well. I am new to Synfig so I don’t know if I am just ignorant or if this is a bug.

I am trying to do the same as kev717. I have an object that I want to fade out so I want to change the “amount” value to 0 as stated in the manual. The manual however does not say HOW to change the values. There is not +or - and nothing happens when I double click. If I right click it does not give an option to change the value and if I simple enter a value (like “0”) it does not make any change.

I don’t suffer that on Windows XP and 0.64.1.
Because the development is focused on 1.0 now, I think there won’t be a minor release (0.64.3) to fix that.

Try 0.64.2 to see if the problem persists.
-G

Same problem with the 0.64.2 (using the binary from the download page). As I mentioned in a previous post, this issue persists going back through earlier versions so it likely has to do with an update to one of the dependencies for Synfig.

rare because synfig install package come with all lib’s needed … i think it’s kind of gtk libs conflict.

I guess you are using the “Synfig Generic Linux Binary” ( synfig*.tar.bz2 ) with pacman from fosshub.com/Synfig.html ?

Did you try installing to /opt or /usr/local ?

I am using the generic linux binary, I ran the program directly from my download directory where I extracted the files.

The version of Synfig installed by pacman is in /usr/lib.

EDIT: I’ve also run the binary from a chroot environment and this error persists.

I have the same problem, it also occurs with Synfig Studio 0.64.1-1 as well as 0.65.0-20141024.master8 on ubuntu 14.10
I first noticed this a couple of weeks ago on an earlier development version - I assumed the problem would be fixed by upgrading to the latest development version or downgrading to the stable release, but it persists. My experience would also suggest that it’s a problem with a dependency - my earlier version of synfig had been working fine for a month or two before this happened.
It’s basically impossible to animate with synfig at the moment :frowning:

cameralibre, my dear that’s not cool …

• does your problems start with ubuntu 14.10 upgrade or did you will be able to run synfig on utopic ?

can you also post :

• your gtk and gtkmm libs version (v2 and v3)
  • the ones from /opt/synfig/lib … (v2 and v3)

(i guess it’s something like libgtkmm-2 : 2.24.4-1.1 libgtkmm-3 : 3.12.0-1.1 )

Same problem ubuntu 14.10 :frowning:

Marked as critical in the bug tracker … !
synfig.org/issues/thebuggeni … issues/699