Change onMouseOver Text Colors

Hello,

I am trying tofigure out how to use Synfig because it’s currently the only piece of animation software I’ve managed to find that is dissability friendly (i.e. offers a Light Mode theme that people with certain kinds of seizure conditions must have). Sadly, most of the tutorials aren’t usable (because they use Dark Mode and I need to be able to look at the screen to understand the tutorial). Also, the text that appears when you onMouseOver icons (that explains what stuff does) in the software are not seizure-friendly at all and are giving me a horrid migraine from just a few minutes of looking at them. I can’t figure out how to change them, and, since I can’t use the tutorials, I need to be able to see the text describing buttons in order to use the software. There doesn’t seem to be a preference for it. Is there some way to customize them to make them safe? I’m running out of options to find any kind of video or animation software that I can actually use because of my dissabilities…

Thanks in advance!

Signed, Quaggy

Hi and welcome here :slight_smile:
I checked the possibility to change the colors of the tooltips and it seems it is possible (but not directly however, for example here)
This depends on Adwaita theme, embedded in GTK3.
On Linux you can change of theme, on Windows it may be harder but I think it is possible.

Could you tell us which OS and bitness you use (ex: Win10 x64)?
Which colors would you like to have? Black on lightgray like here?
Any suggestion or resource on how we could adapt better interface? (ex: Web Design)

I will see what can be done :slight_smile:

Edit: I achieved to do direct modification in the binary “libgtk-3-0.dll” (Synfig 1.3.11 Win x64), if it is your OS/Version I can send it to you for try :wink:

Edit: There is documentation on how to implement style changes on-the-fly in GTK3 from the code, I will do some tests asap (see here, here or here)