Cairo renderer don't produce any image

Sorry to bother you again…

… is the Cairo renderer supposed to work properly in the current developer build?

I post on the forum as I assume this might be an issue with my system rather that synfig per se.

Anyway, as of myself, when building from ‘master’, the Cairo renderer don’t produce any image (either in preview and export).
Attached is the stderr log – I didn’t see anything related, but maybe I missed that.

Any idea?
log.txt (11.6 KB)

I’m afraid not. I’m not sure it was ever full-featured to begin with, but perhaps transition to cobra render engine killed it altogether.

Thank you for your reply.

I’ve always used the “classic” renderer myself with 0.62 & 1.0.2.

As a user, I remember, when reading the forum, it was not always clear to me what was the status if the Cairo renderer. Experimental? Abandoned? Recommended?

I wasn’t really much around in the time when it worked in master. I guess it was experimental at some point. Now it’s pretty much abandoned.

Hi,

Cairo rendering has been remove due to limitations and introduction of Cobra engine :wink:

Thank you for your reply.

Does that mean in case I’m writing some additional blend function I do not have to write the Cairo version? Or just provide a stub implementation?