Because I can't use either hand...

My interest in Synfig Studio stems from a desire to produce animations of driving-related situations for use in driver training curriculum. Delivery would most likely be via HD video projection or, in smaller classrooms, flat-panel displays.

I’m Canadian. I’ve been teaching people to drive since 1978 (behind-the-wheel) and since 1980 (in the classroom). I train Instructors and I have developed curriculum for one of the largest driver-training organizations in North America.

I’m comfortable using Inkscape, CorelDRAW and most other vector image software and I’m a competent photographer.

I began using computers in 1988 (I think) using MS-DOS 3.something. My first foray into vector graphics was with WordPerfect Presentations (then owned by Novell, I think) with which I produced all the illustrations for two complete driver training programs and the accompanying student workbooks. The printers (MacIntosh snobs to the core) couldn’t believe I created illustrations with presentations software running under Windows 98.

I’m currently dual-booting to either Windows Vista (32bit) or Ubuntu 10.04 (64bit) on a home-made PC with an Asus MB, an AMD Athlon 64 5400+ processor, 4GB RAM, 2 BFG GeForce 9500 GT video cards with SLI enabled and 2 Samsung SyncMaster monitors, one 1680 x 1050 and one 1440 x 900.

So far I’ve been fascinated, impressed and frustrated by Synfig, in more or less that order and in more or less equal amounts. That’s why I’m here.

I’ve used enough software to know that the manual (documentation, tutorials) only ever makes sense once you know how to use the program. I hope you (plural) can help.

1 Like

Cool - welcome. Let us know what we can do to ease the frustration. We look forward to some cool car driving animations :slight_smile:

Chris

1 Like

Welcome aboard ambidextrous.
We all be glad to help you.
-G