August '10 - Tracing a photo

Good Grief! It’s already the 5th of August, and this month’s challenge hasn’t been posted yet. As many people are on vacation this month, let’s make it a simple one.
Take an image, trace it in Synfig to make a cartoon version of it. Extra points if we can recognise what it is, double points if it moves :slight_smile:

Chris

A crane walking along the ancient Nil river has been traced 4000 years ago… and today again!

Glyphs - traced bird brought to life

Music and sounds by the freesound.org community: nicStage, acclivity, aguasonic, spiderjerusalem, aarongnp.
Original picture by PocketAces - sxc.hu/photo/658728

Any comment is welcome.
Source file attached for inspiration. Free to reuse under CC-by-sa-nc.
glyphs.sifz (36 KB)

Very nice!

Matt

Very nice and funny. Congratulations.

Hello
Because you said “recognize”, I tried a portrait.
For it’ is not difficult to recognize, I chose a very famous :wink:
He moves little, just smile.
It is not really good, but it’s the best I can.
http://www.vimeo.com/14399009
obama.sifz (39.7 KB)

:laughing:
I even knew who was without watching the movie! It was specially easy just reading the file name… :open_mouth:
Good work mad0!!
-G

Thank you Genete :slight_smile:
I’m stupid, I forgot you could see the name of the file! :blush:
I can’t change it now, too late…
:laughing: :laughing:

Here’s my entry for this month :

zeBigOne32.gif

Nice work Berteh, I like your Glyphs, very well done.
Nice entry mad0 too.
zeBigOne-share.sifz (36.3 KB)

Excellent entries this month!
Animtim - He looked soooo familiar but I had to cheat in the end. It would be on the tip of my tongue and then the Gif would cycle and I’d lose it. It would have been a lot easier if you’d included the piano in the picture :wink: TinyURL.com/343emss

Chris

Link doesn’t work. Can you provide another one?
-G

it works for me :slight_smile:

free-stock-photos.com/celebrity/ … ller-1.jpg

nice one mad0. don’t worry about the filename being visible… the guy’s face (all due respect) is well recognizable :wink: further improvements could involved messing with the “outline width” tool if you want to spend some more time there, but that’s pure cosmetic!

Animtim: your piano player looks machiavelous… don’t know why but reminds me of Ursula. Thanks for the smile though, and congrats on the tracing.

B.

@mad0 & Animtim: congratulations, very good works.