This tutorial was written in the hope that it might be of use to technically savvy people who know a whole lot about the code and the mathematics that goes into making an image editing program, but perhaps not so much about color spaces and ICC profiles.
Juan Cesar Jover (Apratizando) has very kindly made a Spanish translation of this Completely Painless Programmer’s Guide.
Written October 2013.
- Color in one paragraph
- XYZ — a short synopsis
- RGB — locate black, white, red, green, and blue in XYZ space
- ICC means D50 adapted RGB
- xyY — enough colors, all the colors, and imaginary colors
- TRCs and perceptual uniformity
- Summary plus a short historical perspective on linear gamma image editing[/list]
Complete list of tutos and articles about color management and digital photography using free software