Anyone know how to toggle animate mode as a hotkey?

Hey I looked around and I don’t think this has been asked. So I just figured out how to edit the hotkey file and change hotkeys (Excited!) But - the one thing i really would love a hotkey for but can’t find a name for in the document is the actual Animate Edit Mode toggle on/off button. Is it somewhere in the hotkey document just under a name I’m not finding? Or does it have some sort of “name” so I can create one? Sorry not a coder so I probably am not using the right jargon.

To be clear I’m in that “accelrc” document that starts like this:
; synfigstudio GtkAccelMap rc-file -- scheme --
; this file is an automated accelerator map dump
;
; (gtk_accel_path “/actions/panel-canvases” “”)
; (gtk_accel_path “/canvasview/mask-vertex-ducks” “2”)
; (gtk_accel_path “/menus/menu-canvas” “”)
; (gtk_accel_path “/actions/panel-tool_options” “”)
; (gtk_accel_path “/canvasview/select-all-ducks” “a”)

…etc

Anyway thank you for any advice on how to hotkey the animate mode toggle.

2 Likes

This could be posted on Synfig GitHub repo as a feature request.

To answer your question I don’t think there is a hotkey to toggle on/off animate mode. I’ve been doing it with mouse click.

@ice0 Do you want me to open a new feature request for this?

Not to forget that toggling “Animation Mode” has to be done wisely or you can mess you animation.
Using a shortcut key may prevent to be careful.
I think this was never implemented “by design” (but why not)

Hey thank you both for the replies and sorry for the delay! @Keyikedalube if you would be willing to put in a feature request on this I would be grateful! Otherwise if I should go learn how to figure that out myself happy to try as well :slight_smile: And yes @BobSynfig I know all too well what can happen when toggled incorrectly! but at this point after animating synfig pretty regularly for a few years, I personally feel it would be actually a better sense of control and easier to remember than clicking a button. At least to make it one of those actions in the hotkey sheet like I described so that people like me could go in and customize it to be a hotkey if they so chose would be awesome.

@BobSynfig nice argument… We have that red border to indicate animate on/off

@bbrizzy89 can you give suggest a shortcut key to toggle on/off?

1 Like

Sure! One idea I pictured was something with the space bar, like Control+SPACE? If for some reason space bar is difficult, Control+M seems to be free. Thanks!

Issue opened here :point_right: https://github.com/synfig/synfig/issues/2026

1 Like

Control+SPACE sounds cool and fitting :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion! Now implementers know what’s next. Have a great day!