Animation in Synfig | Micro Animation by me [project files included]

:clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5:

EXCELLENT!!!

3 Likes

How about to publish this on official YouTube channel of Synfig, with a link to your channel, donations page and this forum post? This should improve visibility of such outstanding work and a great demonstration of Synfig’s capabilities.

@veermetri05 what do you think? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This would be great,
But I have a concern that not all the animation are original, I have just recreated animations by looking at other people’s work. I don’t know what other people would feel about this. Not everyone would be okay with this.

If you decide to post, I am okay with it.
Rather than just posting my animations, I think it would be good to just post a β€˜reel’ where you feature work from other creators too, like @microvswind , @KEgg(awesome work), @Khemardi, etc.

3 Likes

@KonstantinDmitriev I have to agree with Veer on this… A reel would be the better choice. None of the work I posted is original, as it was an experiment in recreating a few popular AfterEffects tutorials by one YouTuber, which in turn was me responding to another short sited individuals view about Synfig… You know, the kind of β€˜artist’ who blames the tool rather than their immense lack of skill and acquired practical knowledge… lol

You’re very much welcome to use the files and final animations I have posted, just make sure to credit the source inspiration, and link back to the synfig project files to mitigate people saying it was done in other software :wink:

4 Likes

I agree. On another note my computer died a few weeks ago so that has slowed me down drastically. I’m now at work using the office computer, but unfortunately i can’t take this home, lol. I’m in the process of sourcing a new computer but things have gotten so expensive @_@. Anyway back to the topic… A reel would be great as it would showcase a variety of works from multiple creators

4 Likes

I agree.but i just have posted gif with resolution of 480*270 px. for my old laptop and display/send on phone.if the officer decide need the original project file.i will post it below my old post or give me a address i can sent them.
hope synfig be better and better.

3 Likes

Thanks to everyone for the input! The reel is even better idea!
It would be really cool to select unique works from @veermetri05 @microvswind @KEgg @Khemardi (and others) and compose a demo reel.

I suggest to stick with specific topic for reel - β€œmotion design”.

Please let me know what you think. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Me and @ice0 suggesting to buy a new computer for @Khemardi using funds at Synfig’s OpenCollective account. :slight_smile:

P.S. Seriously.

8 Likes

Oh no, i appreciate the gesture, but no need, i’ve used my savings to purchase one. Well its coming in parts, i should have everything in a weeks time or maybe sooner if shipping goes well :slight_smile:

Amazing and inspiring work :heart_eyes:
Congrats and thanks for sharing

2 Likes

loader

Loader for app icon

5 Likes

I’m waiting for woke bullsh*t…

Oh! Glad you’re back! :smiley:

Looks fine for motion graphics. Do you work as a motion graphic designer?

Not professionally, I did these animations is order to understand how Synfig works, with intention to find how I can contribute to it.

1 Like

Your work is amazing!

This helped me a lot to increase my understanding of animation and upgrade my 2D animations.

Is it possible to also animate text in Synfig? If so, the same functions would be possible with Synfig as in After Effects.

1 Like

Yes, it is possible.

2 Likes

Synfig doesn’t have support to animate text as we can in After Effects. Synfig need to implement something like Range Selector (as in After Effects) or something similar, to have proper text animations.

But as suggested above, you can animate text in similar way you can animate other layers. But I don’t think these are actually text animations, these are just normal animations effects that you apply on Text Layer. As the current state of Synfig I don’t think it a priority to implement text animations.

1 Like

Yes, first let’s fix the crashes and bugs, write better documentation then extra functionalities :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Your drawings are so clean!!! What is your secret?!