A small cool free app

Hi,

Yesterday I’ve found a very cool little freeware, wich is compatible with most of the graphic/drawing softwares,
and I found it works great in Synfig! (so it’s been added in compatible apps list)

I think it’s mostly usefull for raster drawing, but some might find it usefull in vector apps too.

Here it is:
people.happycoders.org/kamih/wor … page_id=46

Have fun! (and say thanks to Kamih ^^ )

Does it work in linux?
Is there any alternative linux solution for the same problem?
-G

It’s only a win32 app for now, so I don’t think it will work in Linux with Wine (someone should try to be sure… tell us the result if you do it)
I’ve asked the author if he thinks he could port it to Linux, are better make it open source, I’m waiting for his answer…

So he answered he doesn’t code on linux since a long time so he wouldn’t be able to do on Linux the same thing he does on xp.
But he agrees to set Open source the part of the code which modify the points, so that it can be integrated in open source software.
I gave him the link to this thread so you can talk about it with him.

Hi, I’m the author of LazyNezumi.
As Animtim said, I’m willing to opensource the functional code of LazyNezumi, if you wish to incorporate it into your open source application. I won’t have time to do the integration myself, but I can help. So just let me know if/when you want to do this and I’ll send you the code.
cheers,
kamih

Wow! That would be awesome! I don’t know if now (or even after next release) is a good moment to insert that kind of functionality. I wish more maturity of the Synfig source code to spread the program with new (completely new) functionalities. Our (my) aim is to understand better the synfig internals before to add more complex functionality.

Anyway I would love to see some documentation reference on how does it works (human language) o see if there is room in the current synfig’s device wrapping to insert new features.

-G

Yo,

I’ve just tried the gimp-paint japanese gimp upgrade, and there is something in the same idea: the G-Pen.
It’s a second version of the ink tool with a “pointer adjustment” option (with quality and rate settings).
It’s not exactly as a lazy mouse but the result is similar (and maybe even better).

Inkscape has a “lazy mouse” by setting the mass parameter(+var like wiggle and thinning by velocity) and seeing how it is open source maybe we could nick the code?