Zoom Parameter of Layers in Parameters tab is missing?

Hello, I am new to synfig and I’m not quite sure if this is the right place to post this question. Please let me know if I posted on the wrong category and where I should move it, if mods don’t have a way to move it in the right one on server’s end.

I’ve been doing some basic tutorials like the flower animation and stuff for one of my university subjects/courses (whatever you call them in your country) and noticed that the tutorials for making a magnifying glass asks me to export the Zoom parameter of the encapsulated (I guess grouped) layer. I clicked the grouped layer and looked at the Parameters tab to look for the Zoom parameter and I can’t find it. Was it removed or was the parameter name changed? I’m using Synfig 1.2.2 version. Thank you

Hi and welcome here :slight_smile:
The tutorial you follow (https://wiki.synfig.org/Doc:Building_a_magnifying_glass) was made for Synfig < 0.64.0 as indicated.
Lots of things have changed since that time and it has become obsolete.
You can surely something equivalent with some converters.

Yeah but I dunno which value I should convert for zoom and also to which value I should convert to.

Hi! you just use scale and position parameters from the group. I explain it a little more precise in the video:

1 Like

Sorry I just saw your reply today. Really thank you for doing all of these just to help. I really appreciate it!

1 Like