windows go dark & stop responding

I’m running into the same issue on windows vista and ubuntu 8.4:

Everything is going well, then the windows go dark and stop responding while editing a Bline. It says “rendering” at the bottom of the “drawing” (I don’t know the real name) window.

The windows stay dark / tinted / greyscale forever (well I only waited about 20 minutes.)

It can’t really be doing any rendering that takes that long can it. It’s a simple drawing on a fast computer with lots of RAM.

MORE INFORMATION:
I ran synfigstudio in the console. It says:

synfig(5650): info: PID=5821 has been cleaned up synfig(5650): info: PID=5841 has been cleaned up synfig(5650): info: STATE NORMAL: Received Refresh Ducks a tangent got changed - #1 current values are: t1(0.00, 0) t2(0.00, 0.00) copying change to tangent 2 a tangent got changed - #2 current values are: t1(0.00, 0) t2(0.00, 0.00) synfig(5650): info: STATE NORMAL: Received Refresh Ducks a tangent got changed - #1 current values are: t1(0.07, 0) t2(0.07, 0.06) copying change to tangent 2 a tangent got changed - #2 current values are: t1(0.07, 0) t2(0.07, 0.06) synfig(5650): info: STATE NORMAL: Received Refresh Ducks

Sometimes synfig just disappears on ubuntu 8.4. When that happens, the console says “Segmentation fault”

I love synfig! I just wish I could get it to work for more than 3 minutes.

I’m using:
version 0.61.07
G++ 4.2.3
Gtk 2.12.9

Which version of synfig on which OS could I count on to be more stable?

Can you provide the following information?

1. Synfig version and its origin (where did you download the windows version and if the linux one is a package and the version of it.
  2. Windows version (assumed ubuntu 8.04 for linux)
  3. Can you take a screenshot?
  4. Can you reproduce the problem? Please provide a recipe to reproduce in other computer.

If it is confirmed, please report the bug to sourceforge:
sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i … tid=757416

-G

EDIT: I’ve seen you have a very old version. We have released version 0.61.09 and cannot solve bugs to earlier versions if they are already solved. So find a recipe is good if the bug still there in current release.

0.61.09 it the latest and more stable on any linux version.
If plan to use ubuntu 8.10 please read the sticky post at the beginning of “Building Synfig” forum.