Why I am not using synfig anymore

I have another point of view, but it’s very subjective.

I have used Grease Pencil and Opentoonz so far, and this provided me headache and frustration for different reasons in each. Mainly because I can’t dive into the Blender logics for 2D, Opentoonz does not work proprely in Linux anyway.

Synfig is the only one I don’t struggle with. I don’t know if it’s Linux-like or Inkscape-like logics, but I feel at home when having to undertsand sthg new.

For sure, no popular ‘drag-and-drop’ UI concept, but anything customizable with values, this is very intuitive and quite simple.

Of course, some things might be improved as in any project, which is a question of time and contribution as ever.

I like Synfig as an intro into 2D animation for my students.
However, I have to warn them daily to save their work multiple times through a single class as Synfig is prone to crashing for no reason. It is simply undependable.
The autosave works against the student as they will make a mistake and it is captured, so they lose their work. So autosave is turned off.
We manage to get the gist of animation and the steps involved, but at the same time I would not recommend it for anyone seriously try to animate anything lengthy.
And for those who would ask, yes we always have the latest version.