weird issue in master build

see attached screenshots, I can not figure out what is the problem here, but it seems a “group” related problem. I tested on OSX platform only.

the test files are smooth move icon from synfig-studio/images and fis_palette file from my new(ongoing) icon set

Same here for commit ID: fcfb91 (master)
But I can’t find the commit starting with ID: 25a069 (morevna)
Can you specify the repo/branch and full SHA ID for that second commit? (where the render is ok)

It only happens to me with Software render. Cairo render looks fine here for both files.
Can you verify that at the commit 25a069 you weren’t using Cairo for the screenshot?

I used Windows 32 bits NON DEBUG build ID: fcfb91 (master).

-G

It is the installer: synfigstudio-0.65.0-20140106.morevna.8.x86_64.rpm prepared by Z.

Yes, only happen with software render, cairo render works fine without this issue.

Btw 1, as attached screenshot shows, the icon of Smooth Move Tool in Toolbox has the issue. I render these two test files in CLI with default option, the result png files are incorrect as well. So it is not only a DISPLAY issue.

Btw 2, Can we use cairo to render png file? if yes, how?

Very interesting

Use the cairopng target at the render dialog.
At the command line first type:

$ synfig --targets

which should list the available targets, for example:

bmp
cairo_png
dv
ffmpeg
gif
imagemagick
jpeg
null
null-tile
png
png-spritesheet
ppm
yuv420p

That raises potential mistakes here: render dialog offers cairopng where it is cairo_png for CLI. I believe that it would be better rename it png-cairo.

Cheers!
-G

synfigstudio-0.65.0-20140106-64bit.dmg with XQuartz-2.7.5.dmg running on Mavericks OsX (10.9.1) : confirm issue.