Weekly Report (June 8 - 14)
This week we’ve got some noise around Synfig’s UI theme.
Agnyy Ignatyev is making an effort on creating new icon theme and this triggered us to think on how we can achieve better flexibility for configuring UI look.
As result, Rodolfo Ribeiro Gomes added an improvement, which allows to change UI icon theme (PR #1483). Icon themes can be placed in “share/synfig/icons/” (i.e. “share/synfig/icons/new-theme-folder). Theme can be changed by setting environment variable “SYNFIG_ICON_THEME” (eg. SYNFIG_ICON_THEME=new-theme-folder).
- Fixed critical (and very annoying) issue with copying Skeleton layers, which was resulting in damaged files (PR #1438). Much thanks to Rodolfo Ribeiro Gomes.
- Synfig now asks for confirmation before overwriting exported files (issue #1360). Thanks to Firas Hanife.
- Improved UI layout for Info Panel (PR #1487). Thanks to Rodolfo Ribeiro Gomes.
- Improvements to Lottie test script - now there is a way to indicate which tests are allowed to fail (PR #1448). Thanks to Anish Gulati.
- Add test file for conversion between homogeneous and standard width points (PR #1471). Thanks to Rodolfo Ribeiro Gomes.
- Try to catch all exceptions thrown in GTK event callback/handlers (PR #1475). Thanks to Rodolfo Ribeiro Gomes.
- Code cleanup: Simplify access to data directories (PR #1477). Thanks to Rodolfo Ribeiro Gomes.
- CMake improvements: Fix build_images target’s rebuilding behavior (PR #1478). Thanks to Ayush Chamoli.
CMake improvements: Fix incorrect app resource path (PR #1484). Thanks to Ayush Chamoli.
- Code cleanup: Replace deprecated method: “set_margin” (PR #1482). Thanks to Firas Hanife.
That’s all for today! Thanks to everyone who helps make Synfig better. You are best! See you next week!