Video quality is really blurry when using imported pictures. How do I deal with that?

I’m importing PNG’s from clip studio and Inkspace, and the video quality is pretty blurry no matter what I do. I tried changing the resolution in Canvas Properties but that doesn’t seem to help much.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Sorry, I accidently sent you a PM instead of reply it here.

1. What synfig version and OS?

2. Are you stretching the imported PNG?

3. What rendering target are you using?

4. What is your canvas and image sizes?

1. Version 1.2.2

I downloaded it a few days ago. It’s on Windows 10.

1. I have to shrink the PNG’s down whenever I import them from the software I mentioned in the OP. The PNG’s are always too big for the canvas.

2. ffmpeg

3. The results are actually quite crisp when I export at 1920x1080 with 1080 x and y resolution, but the software crashes when I do something too intensive at those settings. But with any settings lower than that (like 480 x 270), the results are quite blurry.

Do you know how I can comfortably make complex animations that look clean and crisp without Synfig crashing? Preferably a way that doesn’t necessitate me investing in a more powerful computer?

1. Please give a try in development version 1.3.14 (1.3.15 seems to be way more stable – and it will probably available later this week). An alternative could be try to select the interpolation of bitmap layer. It should be explained here https://wiki.synfig.org/Import_Image_Layer, but it’s not. :stuck_out_tongue:

2. You can increase the canvas size. Menu Canvas > Properties.

3. Maybe you can try to use low-res in Editor? Menu View > Use Low-Res.

But please try the development version.