time loop layer...help

JESUS BLESS EVERY ONE.

i am happy to learn more and more about synfig, i made some beginner animating, but some poor about my little experience with this grat software.
i made some things but i really need help. the manual are really good, but even so, i need some help.

i am building a nimation about flying eagle moves, second scene, i must to say. by the way, thanks to genette for his help, about slowmotion, sorry by not saying after.
ok this is the situation:

1-i am building animation about 30 or 35 seconds about flying move of bird. i am using a time loop layer to animate the plumes, and it looks really great, but i have a problem, i am trying to stop the loop following the manual, but, i dont understand some a stuffs.
2- i am using 5 keyframes for the poses, and 2 more by keyframe to animate the plumes.
is it confuse? …

any help?

3- the most important question, how can i break the loop to animate the others keyframes…

thanks to all

pd. sorry about my english.

In order to break a time loop, do the following.

1. Go to the time when you want the loop to break, and make sure you are in “Animate Editing” mode.

2. Make sure the “Only For Positive Duration” checkbox is checked. If you already have keyframes in place, checking the box will create waypoints on the nearest keyframes, but that shouldn’t matter. As long as “Only For Positive Duration” is true when you wish to break the animation and after that point in time.

3. Change the duration of the time loop to -1 seconds. This will create a waypoint on the previous keyframe, and with the default interpolation set to TCB, this creates undesirable consequences. To fix this, drag the waypoint from the previous keyframe forward until it is on the frame before you break the loop. (Alternately, set it’s interpolation to Constant).

I hope this helps.

An Animation Curve has multiple keys which are control points that the curve passes through. These are visualized in the Curve Editor as small diamond shapes on the curves. A frame in which one or more of the shown curves have a key is called a keyframe.An Animation Clip in Unity can have various Wrap Modes that can for example set the Animation Clip to loop.

Hello!

Can I use the Layer Time Loop to create a continually falling snow?
thanks to all.

Yes

Hello!
please help…
the total duration of the animation 5 seconds.
Snow falls from 0 keyframe to the next keyframe (2sek12 frames)
Loop time: Duration: 2 sec 12 frames.
Visible twitching frames. where my mistake?

thanks.

Obviously the initial and final frames are not in the same place. Formerly the initial and the previous to final frame aren’t in the same place.

If you loop between frame 0s and frame 2s12f, then you need to duplicate the keyframe at 0s on the 2s11f time. Just one frame before.
-G

Hello, Genete.

don’t understand. I try make by your advice.I have a static frames from 0 s and to 2s11f.
How can I insert to the forum a file .sifz?
thanks in advance.

Yes, you’re right. I confused the frames :blush: :
If you want a loop between A and B you shouldn’t create any waypoints in B but in B+1f. The waypoints in B+1f MUST be exactly the same than in A, if not you’ll create a jump (unless B waypoints are in concordance with the position/values in A-1f). This way when the time reaches B the animation is exactly at one state of interpolation of one frame less than the A frame, that is the end of the loop.

Currently I can’t show you a file (sifz file can be attached, uploaded ad attachments in this board) because I can’t use Synfig Studio here but here goes a literal example:

Loop time values: start= 1s end=3s duration 2s

Current Animation fps=24:
Object values (interpolation lineal):
A: frame=1s; waypoint value=4.5
C: frame=2s; waypoint value=5.5
B: frame=3s NO waypoint, interpolated value = 4.54 that is (4.5-5-5)/(24+1)*24+5.5
B+1f: frame=3s+1f; waypoint value=4.5

You can see that when time reaches B the value is not the one at A or B but the needed to match the interpolation between C (last intermediate controlled point) and B+1f (that has the same value than A)

I hope it helps more than confuse.
-G

Are you trying to move the snow straight down? Because it seems to be moving a little bit to the left as it falls. This causes the mismatch between first and last frame.

Here’s an example with the snow falling straight down:
snow.sifz (2.84 KB)
snow.gif

And here’s one with snow falling diagonally:
snow-diagonal.sifz (2.88 KB)
snow-diagonal.gif

The difference between the two lies on the the values of the Origin parameter of the Groups inside Near and Far. On the first they are placed only some vertical distance apart, on the second case I added an horizontal distance as well. These groups are also perfect copies of each other. The distance between the groups is the same as the movement between the waypoints when animating the Origin of the Near and Far groups. This ensures that the animation loops properly.

The time loop layer is set to 2s 12f duration. Make sure you didn’t accidentally added animation to the duration parameter, as that will probably have bizarre results. Remove the waypoints if that happened (or right-click > Disconnect on the duration parameter).

Hello Genete, Yoyobuae.
thank you for your help.
hurrah! i have made. :slight_smile:

I understand where my mistake.

1. The value of X (Origin)in the layer Group from 0KF to 2 sec 12 frames , must be constant.
  2. Remove the waypoints animation to the duration parameter.

Sorry my bad english. :blush: