the problem of linking to vertex

hi everyone i have problem … sorry forgive me i am beginer…

i want to try tutorial this wiki.synfig.org/wiki/Doc:Flower_Animation but i cant managed to linking to petal top of vertex.i managed to linking but it has no linking as shown on tutorial…

plz help me . i add to my work,the problem is appear there…

thanks to all…
i have mattter.sifz (1.82 KB)

The issue is that the green stem shape does not have it’s origin (green handle) at the center of the canvas (ie. the 0,0 point). This means that when you link the origin of the petal to the vertex of the stem they won’t match.

I fixed it by removing the animation from the origin (right-click > Disconnect) of the stem and then moving it to the center of the canvas. Now the linked petal matches exactly with the vertex.

Note that if you move the origin of the stem then things will stop working again. If you need to move the stem, you can add both layers to a group (In Layer Panel, select both > right-click > Group Layers).

wow it is verry good solution… thaks to all … but i dont understand why move to the green steam 0,0 positon.you explanin above but i dont understand behind the idea…

thaks to all…

The problem is the way the green handle works.

For example, create two layers region/outline layers, then right away link one of their vertexes. It works as expected. But when you move the green handle for one of the layers, the linked vertexes no longer coincide. This happens because the linking does not account for the effect of the green handle. This green handle causes the vertexes to move without changing their value, since their value doesn’t change the linked vertex doesn’t change either.

In simple words, the linking action is too dumb to compensate for the effect of the green handle. So the user needs to workaround it.