Synfig Studio 0.62.01 Splash Screen Voting Pool

Which image should be the splash screen for Synfig Studio 0.62.01?

• mray’s blue timeline
  • H13N.H3N close up ducks
  • H13N.H3N b&w ink
  • H13N.H3N grey logo
  • Pixelgeek’s blue Spring
  • Satrip’s soldier
  • Genete’s mandelbrot
  • mad0’s blue flower
  • rafael’s plane
  • zelgadis’s Ivan

0 voters

mray’s blue timeline

H13N.H3N close up ducks

H13N.H3N b&w ink

H13N.H3N grey logo

Pixelgeek’s blue Spring

Animtim’s soldier

Genete’s mandelbrot

mad0’s blue flower

rafael’s plane

zelgadis’s Ivan

NOTE: Images shown in order of appearance.
NOTE 2: Images are shown in its actual size.

And the winner is… Ah… ummmm… huh.

Dual splash screen? I vote for ship both splashes and select one of them randomly at start up. Alternatives?
BTW, congratulations mad0 and Zelgadis!
-G

If we will go for dual splash then I propose to re-design logo and text positions for both entries to make them look “from the same pack”. ^___^

Or second poll maybe? ^_^’’

I agree on a redesign of the texts but also agree on that the diversity makes Synfig unique!
A second pool may bore the people who voted. Considering the small amount of votes of the pool.
My suggestion is:
Zelgadis and mad0: agree some sort of unified text design and place them in the entries. You have one week. If no agreement the entries will go as they are now. [size=50]My last word.[/size]

I’ll prepare a dual splash screen code (If I’m smart enough ^__^‘’)

-G

thank You Genete,
I’m ok to change the text. Which do we choose?
Zelgadis, i’m ok to use yours, if you give me the file :slight_smile:

mad0, file is here: viewtopic.php?p=5869#p5869
Zelgadis, mad0: please agree you both the shared style of the texts.
-G

Genete:
Roger that!

Mad0:
It’s not ok to use my text over your splash, because it will cover flower - that’s not good. Maybe use same text but in different positions, keeping the same style? But the best is to use same text position and style on both splashes. Color probably will be different.

Hello Zelgadis,
I have done a test with your letters. This is not very bad, but not very good either.
But letters that I used would not be ok with your picture.
another idea? :slight_smile:

What about this?
-G

hello Genete
I think it’s great :smiley:

I know it’s subtly incorporated in Ivan’s shirt and in the background, but it looks like the Synfig shield is missing from Zelgadis’ picture, especially when compared side by side with mad0’s. Of course the blue shield may look a bit jarring in the orange picture - how would the synfig shield look in orange?

just my $0.02 - feel free to discard.

Congrats’ to MadO and Zelgadis!

I like the idea of multi/random splash, and those 2 complement each other very nicely.

Regarding Pixelgeek’s last comment I think it doesn’t matter if the logo is a bit hidden in Ivan’s picture,
it’s more subtle, all the more with a second-complementary splash with a fat full logo in it.

Congratulations to mad0 and Zelgadis.
@ Animtim: I agree with you.

What a nice result I was really not sure wich one to choose… happy both made it!
Congrats to both of you!

BTW: I support Animtim’s view as well…

Genete’s proposal looks good.

Here’s my variant:

splash_screen-both.png

Thoughts?

Maybe it’s better to remove dots between 0.62.00 circles - that way splashes look less cluttered.
splash_screen-02.sifz (182 KB)
splash_screen-01.sifz (54.8 KB)

Nice one!
Specially I like it because it reveals the bottom part of the flower and shows nicely the T-shirt of ivan. I agree on remove the dots.
-G

Hmmm…
Can anyone open those files? I got this:
Pantallazo-Error.png
-G

Hello genete,
I have the same message :frowning:

same here