Synfig renders garbage

After setting up a basic animation, I tried to render it as a test. Rendering produces a very low quality video with random noise over the center. Any idea what the problem is or how to fix that?

Could be the bitrate for the mpeg/avi is too low
Or maybe the render quality is too low - 1 is the “highest” and 9 is the “lowest” for some reason… (and 0 is worse than 9)

Can we see the animation result and the sifz file?
As saorsa mentioned try to render with quality = 1 and Antialiasing = 3. Use image sequence to verify that the artifacts don’t come from the renderer module (ffmpeg probably)
There is a layer combination with distortion filters that can produce bad renders but is you mentioned that the animation is simple I don’t understand how those random noise unless it comes from the movie renderer.
I strongly recommend to render to png sequence. It keeps transparency, it is a safer way to render (one frame rendered hasn’t to be rendered again whether any problem happens) and results are visible earlier.
-G

Ok, so I rendered it with quality 1 and Anti-Alias 3 and… Well… same problem. It renders with garbage, and doesn’t play the length that it should be(like it only plays at maybe three times the speed)

Rendering as a bunch of image files works fine, however. It’d be nice if:

A) You can tell me why its not rendering correctly as a video, and how to correct it(by giving me step by step instructions, along with the best video format to render it in, with the extension)

or B) you can recommend a free software that will load up all the images and make a video out of it without having to input and place each piece frame by frame.
Files.zip (464 KB)

Animation file is fine and it renders properly. The problem comes when you use a synfig renderer target (ffmpeg for example) with the badly built in settings (yes it is a bug and should be solved).
Please try to export to png sequence by naming “Title Sequence.png” to the output and selecting “png” as target output. It would produce a png sequence which would look fine.
To assembly all the sequence just use Avidemux. It will automatically read all the images just by opening the first one. REmember to set the fps output in Avidemux to match your movie fps (as it cannot deduce it from the image sequence). Select a codec to export (x.264 is fine) and save the imported files as avi.
-G