Synfig 1.2.0 - Performance issue!!!

Hi, I’m an Ubuntu user and I tried the last version of Synfig (1.2.0) downloading the AppImage for linux.
Sadly, this release is way too slow than the previous version! (1.0.2) How is that possible?
The previous version was installed using the official Ubuntu repository (deb package).
Perhaps the “AppImage” package is the problem?
Anyone had the same problem?
Thanks!

Problem affecting me too. Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit user. HP Compaq 250 Dual core. 2 GB RAM. 1.2.0 is supposed to be faster but it’s much slower than 1.0.2

My configuration is:
Ubuntu 16.04.1 - 64bit
Intel® Core™ i3-2365M CPU @ 1.40GHz × 4
RAM 8 Gb
Linux kernel: 4.4.0-59-lowlatency

Hi, I have the same issue. I tryied the 1.0.2 by the official repository, the 1.2.1 and 1.3.1 from the site with appimage files. I use 64bits ubuntu 16.04 and other softwares like Kdenlive and Krita by appimage are working fine, and because they are more recent versions they are more stable, so I think appimage is worse than compile yourself, but it’s not the problem of Synfig.

In my tests I noticed that the newer versions are slowest to render, maybe because there are more possibilities to render and, even if you are not using, it is a time consuming event on render. Like when I made a character on Inkscape and exported as SVG and SIF, the stupid algorithm build every f*** shape in black and add a gradient layer for the color that is not even gradient. This causes de render on synfig to execute the gradient and combine two layers to do what could be done with one simples layer. So, as it slows down my render, I think newer versions can do more ununsed tasks that makes it slower.

My solution is to use newer versions only if there is a need.

Another thing that is f*** annoying is that all versions just closes when crash and if I don’t save every step, I loose everything. Even on the build version, it just crashes for nothing.

Synfig is great, but have this problems that slows down my work for hell.