We are proud to announce the release of a new Synfig version 0.64.0!!
Please read the details on the website blog release: synfig.org/cms/en/news/relea … io-0-64-0/
This release is specially significative to me. I’ve been working more than one year on develop and implement the new Cairo render engine. It has been a continuous series of satisfaction vs frustration because the way to achieve the final result was not very clear form the beginning. I would like to give thanks to two persons for that matter:
First, thanks to Nikita Kitaev for the early contributions to the code and the initial strategy draft. Without his initial impulse I couldn’t have done this.
Second, thanks to Konstantin Dmitriev for his continuos backing during the development. He was my crying shoulder when I most needed hope to continue working.
Finally, I would like to give thanks to all the people who has contributed to this new release. It is the sum of all of us and so it is great. Thanks!!!
So back to work. Those are the pending tasks to do:
- Continue updating the latest pages to the new terminology (many thanks to d.j.a.y. for his invaluable labor)
- Update the translated pages with the translation of the new official English pages.
- Spread the world:
[list][*]short writeup to the folks at LWN.net (lately they don’t publish our releases but maybe this time yes) (DONE)
- libregraphicsworld.org (asked to Alexandre Prokoudine)
- freecode.com (DONE)
- gnomefiles.org (DONE)
- Synfig devl mailing list (DONE)
- Synfig user mailing lint (DONE)
- Sourceforge site page update & news (DONE)
- IRC topic (DONE)
- Update Wikipedia (DONE)
- Update Facebook/synfig & Google+/synfig pages. (DONE)
 Ping rest of maintainers to update the builds (PENDING)[/*:m][/list:u]
and then, back to development towards 0.64.1! (or what ever it would be !)