SVG importer

Unfortunately, they don’t have a library in the strict sense. It’s one of the plans for the future roadmap. Anyway, IIRC akagogo is parsing it manually right now, so adding a few tags wouldn’t be so a task, I think…

hi uiomae, this sounds cool but I don’t wanna read polygons or other abstract shapes information, I prefer read path d for any shape to this, because synfig doesn’t have matrix layer, otherwise I can resolve this matrix over a path. For example Inkscape use matrix transformations for layers or groups. If into this group there are rect or other abstracts shapes, my converter i can’t do it. :frowning:

Hi akagogo,
I tried with your updated patch. I got it to patch OK, but I’ve run into problems compiling. Any ideas what’s going on here? gcc 3.4.5 under msys.
pastebin.ca/1324136

Chris

hi pixelgeek, well i could help you if you help me to install synfig on my windows please.
anyway i don’t believe that loadcanvas has problems…
I come back tomorrow night (gmt -5 : D). please i want to compile it on windows too.

Trying to build akagogo svg patched build but I’m havin a problem and says:

checking for synfig >= 0.61.09 ETL >= 0.04.12 sigc++-2.0... configure: error: ** Unable to set up dependent libraries (synfig >= 0.61.09, ETL >= 0.04.12)
ETL and Core should have been built although i don’t know how to check if they are built
Also when I patched it said something about hunk 3 failed but after that hunk 1,2 got successful by offset so not sure if I patched it right

The failed hunk message means that the patch is only partially applied, and source code has become inconsistent. This error is however unrelated to the error messages you showed, which frequently mean that an older versions of ETL or synfig is found, instead of the versions jou just built and installed. So, make really sure no older versions of the ETL and synfig is installed.

G.

Can I check somehow what lines in the patch are bad?

Patch doesn’t apply correctly to the current revision. I’m trying to fix it but still having problems with it.
-G

When parts of a patch fail, the failing parts are saved in a reject file. The manual of patch says:

The (rejected) hunks have line nummers on them (of the original and patched variants) that you can use to find the offending piece of code.

G.