Stuck in Multiplane Camera tutorial ( TRANSLATE LAYER )

Hello, I am trying to follow the Multiplane Camera tutorial, and when I get to the TRANSLATE LAYER section where it says:

[size=200]"[/size]##[size=150]In “Link” connect “LHS” to Plane_01_Z and convert “RHS” to “Reciprocal”.[/size] [size=200] "[/size]

I cannot connect the LHS value. I click on the right export on the Library tab, and it says:

[size=200]"[/size] [size=150]Connect ‘ValueNode (Translate):Origin>Scale:Link>Subtract:LHS’ to ‘Plane 01 Z’: Connect ValueNode Link: Parent would not accept link [/size][size=200]"[/size]

After not being able to do this, I moved on to RHS< where I tried to convert the value to “Reciprocal” but “Reciprocal” was not on the list of things to convert to. So, I’m stuck here.

This is the first time I moved on from anything that I was stuck on, but this seems like it can’t be fixed. I have the latest version of Synfig ( 0.64.1 ) and I’d appreciate your help. I have attached a file that is the screenshot of my layers and the library and the Params panels.

Sincerely,
Kumar

Hi!
I think it’s a compatibility issue with old versions. Have a look at this.

[url]Multiplane camera examples]

Greetz!

You have to convert the “link” inside the “scaler” parameter to subtract (the one with the pi symbol beside it) and then connect the “LHS” inside of “link” inside of “scaler” to “Plane_01_Z” and convert “RHS” to “Reciprocal”. You converted the wrong “link”, leave the “link” with the green circle conected to “Main_Origin”.

Notice how on the wiki tutorial there are indents after each step, those are there to make it easier for you to understand what parameters it is talking about.

For example, if it says:
-Step 1: convert this parameter
____-Step 2: connect this parameter
It means that the parameter of step 2 is inside the parameter of step 1

If it said something like this (without indents):
-Step 1: convert this parameter
-Step 2: connect this parameter
It means that the parameter of step 2 are not inside the parameter of step 1, it is directly below or above.

You can also look at the sceenshots the tutorial provides to get a better understanding.